Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DEAD Brand New TB-47.

Reaction score
OK, Anyone heard this one before? I finally received my Inspire 1 Pro Black Edition. I try to charge the included TB-47 battery. The 3 extra TB-48's I ordered are still on their way. Plug in the charger and nothing. No LEDs. I try to turn on or check the battery status. Nothing. Battery is DEAD. I call the dealer and he says that he has seen this before. He explains that the battery is turned off and there is no way to turn it back on. That if the battery is left unused/uncharged for too long, the software just shuts it off. WHAT? Well they sent out a new TB 47 today that works. I am sending the dead one back to them. Anyone ever heard of such a thing or come across a non-responsive battery? Now I am wondering if any of my soon to be delivered TB 48's are dead also. How is this possible?

This has appeared in a couple threads on the forum . . . seems to be a fairly common issue of late for the batteries delivered with the Inspire 1. People I spoke with said that the standalone batteries tend to be ok.

A recent thread: New aircraft, dead battery?

Last edited:
Yup. Happened to me yesterday. Bought a Inspire 1 v2 and the battery was DOA. Went back to the shop and they double-checked me and sure enough it was dead. They replaced it.

The battery will automatically discharge to 50% to keep the batteries in good health.

There was a battery firmware bug that caused it to not stop at 50%. A firmware update fixes this bug but there is old stock out there that the firmware has not been updated in the battery. If the voltage gets too low you can not charge as you discribe. The best choice is to have the dealer exchange as you have none.

Be sure to update the firmware with the new tb47 when you get it.

Reactions: InspireBart
Camrise (DJI Dealer) through Amazon did just that and sent a new replacement the very next day. I tried to order 3 TB-48 Batteries in Black from them (Camrise) over a week ago and discovered today that they have none in stock functioning. They have to return their whole stock and that all DJI Dealers are all being notified about this issue. I updated the new TB-47 right after a full charge, Dave, Thanks. I spoke to DJI Tech and Sales and it seems to be news to them. I did order 2 TB-48's from DJI and 2 from an Amazon Prime supplier called EZ Electronics. EZ has/had 2 in stock that they say work. They are on their way. We will see who gets here first. First it was torture to have the aircraft but unable to even turn it on. Been training on one TB-47 for a week now. I just want some function batteries. Dave thanks for the explanation.

Same thing happened to me. The TB-47 that came with the inspire (direct through DJI) was DOA. I ordered a standalone spare from a local supplier and it's been perfect. I ordered the spare to check there was nothing else wrong with the aircraft before returning just the dead battery. Very frustrating to have the bird with no power.

OK, Anyone heard this one before? I finally received my Inspire 1 Pro Black Edition. I try to charge the included TB-47 battery. The 3 extra TB-48's I ordered are still on their way. Plug in the charger and nothing. No LEDs. I try to turn on or check the battery status. Nothing. Battery is DEAD. I call the dealer and he says that he has seen this before. He explains that the battery is turned off and there is no way to turn it back on. That if the battery is left unused/uncharged for too long, the software just shuts it off. WHAT? Well they sent out a new TB 47 today that works. I am sending the dead one back to them. Anyone ever heard of such a thing or come across a non-responsive battery? Now I am wondering if any of my soon to be delivered TB 48's are dead also. How is this possible?
I too received a DOA TB 47 black edition battery! I have tried everything to get it replaced! I made the mistake and sent it to eDigitalUSA. When I got a battery it too was dead. When I plugged it in to the charger nothing! They either sent the same battery back to (most likely ) or I received another dead battery. I returned the second battery sent it back and can't get another good battery! If I didn't want the drone so bad I would send the whole bundle back.

I too received a DOA TB 47 black edition battery! I have tried everything to get it replaced! I made the mistake and sent it to eDigitalUSA. When I got a battery it too was dead. When I plugged it in to the charger nothing! They either sent the same battery back to (most likely ) or I received another dead battery. I returned the second battery sent it back and can't get another good battery! If I didn't want the drone so bad I would send the whole bundle back.

Not sure if it works or if you're willing to try it, but there are posts on this forum and some YouTube videos on how to remove the top and disconnect the harness to reset the battery. I wasn't willing to try it as I didn't want to risk voiding any warranty.

Not sure if it works or if you're willing to try it, but there are posts on this forum and some YouTube videos on how to remove the top and disconnect the harness to reset the battery. I wasn't willing to try it as I didn't want to risk voiding any warranty.

Thanks, unfortunately I no longer have the battery. I sent it back but it went to the wrong place. I didn't find out i initially so I have wasted a month's time and still don't have the battery. I have tried DJI, Amazon.com, and eDigitalUSA . Just tired and disappointed.

I can not find any YouTube vid on how to do this. I do find too many just showing that their battery is dead and will not charge. Could you send a link to the vid. I still have a dead one that's been replaced. I am willing to see it I can light this one back up. Thanks BoxerJaxman.

Happened to me last month on my black edition order, tried everything to get it to charge, no luck, luckily my seller started a ticket with DJI, now the replacement battery is on its way.

Two in the last week alone!

I just had this happen on my new I1 Pro via Amazon from Camrise. Had to return the whole drone for a refund. At the same time I ordered a stand-alone TB48 from Amazon that came DOA as well!! I called DJI to find out if I was doing something wrong. I can't seem to find anywhere to ship a new one in under 3 days from ordering and can't find a local dealer (Charleston, SC) Best Buy sells I1's but not additional batteries. This has been incredibly frustrating.

I would measure the cells first, if the total pack voltage is below 3v per cell then the pack is junk, please do not fly a back that's been below 3v per cell.

Where did you get the craft from ?

I've had 3 come this way from Dji in Carson ca. Low voltage is not hurting cells as in the deep cycle we run them to complete shut down and cut off which is 2.9-3.1 depending how well you regulate the up throttle. If you do it carefully no one can tell the battery was opened. Your choice wait days or weeks or fix it once.

Most exp with Dji service and warranty has not been good. If you have a dealer to make a quick exchange that's great! Otherwise you'll be at least 2-3 weeks and the Dji process is very cumbersome and difficult as they don't seem to comprehend very well. Then you might get one just like you have. It's happened 3 times to me. Frankly Dji as a company could not be worse to deal with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08