Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Devils Tower National Monument Wyoming Sunrise

I woke up this morning at 4:30 AM in order to reach Devils Tower, so I could fly my Inspire at the first crack of Daylight. Here are the Results... Let me know what you think

Have Fun,
Chuggie
Very nice. one question, at about 1:30 there was a bit or a roll in the video. Was it windy when you shot this?

I woke up this morning at 4:30 AM in order to reach Devils Tower, so I could fly my Inspire at the first crack of Daylight. Here are the Results... Let me know what you think

Have Fun,
Chuggie

Was getting permissions for the shoot difficult?

Please share with us how you got permission to fly in a National Park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I checked the list of No Fly Zones, and Devils Tower was not on the list, so I flew. I would Love to fly at Yellowstone, but Yellowstone National Park is on the no fly list, and I can understand why, Yellowstone is a wildlife preserve, and a RC helicopter could disturb the wildlife. I am also sponsored by a Wyoming government agency, which will help if I need to obtain flight permits.

Devils tower is not a National Park, it is the First National Monument and still has yet to be upgraded to a National Park. I checked the DJI No Fly Zones list before I went to Devils Tower, and it was not on the list or map. I actually took off from outside the National Monument boundaries from a place where there was no one around, and then flew toward the tower. My flight was at 5am in the morning so I could get the very first light of day on the tower, which is why there aren't any climbers on the tower or other people seen on the ground below. If Devils Tower is a place where I am not supposed to fly, then I will not fly there again; however, I checked every resource I could find, to see if it was a no fly zone, before I made my flight there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips