Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dilemma !!!

Reaction score
You may (or not) have noticed ive been a little quiet in the last few weeks after selling the I2.

Im in a bit of a dilemma now on what to get next. I was going to upgrade the the M200/210 however, Im really temped by the Yuneec H520 as a mapping platform. I like the idea of 6 rotors, and we all know the 20mp camera at 1" is a great sensor for mapping. Or there is also the P4Pro (Black) I like the look of also.

I do have concerns as to which way DJI is going in respect to logging and locking down - the Yuneec for example is a commercial platform, and is not limited in any way - flight permission is presumed the issue for the commercial operator who makes the call where to fly - and I like that idea - but the DJI units work with the good proven software (mapping) - so do I stick with DJI or try Yuneec?

What about a yuneec tornado pal?

There are around for 2k at the moment used and have a gh4 basically. I feel its one hell of a drone thats fell by the wayside due to yuneec only letting clowns in auto mode show it off.

I know a app developer who has made grid flying software for their open source platform too. It also supports their thermal etc i think. I saw some videos he did with live thermal feed and a map on the side showing its location as it flew and it looked very good for a analysis to deliver to clients.

We are getting one as a backup as soon as we can afford it, Dji has spread their drones out so thin only foke with very hefty contracts could justify the purchase in industrial ways.

Last edited:
I have the M210 and so far I like it... the last firmware update was kind of a pain had to recalibrate IMU and Campass, however it’s very stable and the IP rated is a big plus, just abit slow on getting everything to work properly the first time due to how new it is and all.

I have the M210 and so far I like it... the last firmware update was kind of a pain had to recalibrate IMU and Campass, however it’s very stable and the IP rated is a big plus, just abit slow on getting everything to work properly the first time due to how new it is and all.

Oh and the biggest difference in the 200/210 is the dule camera compatibility.

The Yuneec may be more stable in high winds. Someone did a comparison of the P4, Inspire 1 or 2, and the Yuneec in the desert with high winds and the DJI birds blew away while the Yuneec stayed. The P4 was found four miles away by an aerial search and I don't remember how far the Inspire went. For mapping, steadiness in wind might be beneficial. Then you need to check if they have the same issues with firmware updates that could affect flight characteristics (like DJI messes up with.).

I know nothing of their GPS lock-down or No Ffy Zone stuff and if it has it or not. I did like when their service was in CA where you could walk in and get service and not play the RMA shipping game with DJI. Don't know if it around either since they had some layoffs.

Good luck, and it does seem like luck with these things in getting a good one or not.

If 1) you don't need to "sell with your drone" or 2) will not need >4K resolution there is one killer enterprise platform out there... The Phantom 4 Pro. If a person can convince their ego that the cute white drone with a camera that looks like a tiny kodak is ok, nothing can touch it for the price.

If 1) you don't need to "sell with your drone" or 2) will not need >4K resolution there is one killer enterprise platform out there... The Phantom 4 Pro. If a person can convince their ego that the cute white drone with a camera that looks like a tiny kodak is ok, nothing can touch it for the price.

Its a good little workhorse for its size but why stick with Dji as if its a necessity.

Get a tornado and it takes hobby batteries so their half the price an your normal 12v charger works. It has higher mbps and flies better

The advantage with the P4A or P4P when looking at accurate mapping is the mechanical shutter. This removes the rolling shutter effect when taking images on the move that you will get without mechanical shutter. Yes, you can map without mechanical shutter (I have and do) but for a high level of accuracy, rolling shutter effects should be avoided.

Reactions: eldorado

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah