Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Discharge question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know you should fully discharge the batterys every 10th times but can it be harmful if you do it to often?
When i fly my inspire i often go down to 20% then recharge, so its easy to just hover a little bit more to go down to 10-0%, or is it better to charge when it 30-40%?

I know you should fully discharge the batterys every 10th times but can it be harmful if you do it to often?
When i fly my inspire i often go down to 20% then recharge, so its easy to just hover a little bit more to go down to 10-0%, or is it better to charge when it 30-40%?

I hover VERY LOW down to 0%, and then allow the drone to shut itself down, which it will do when the power reaches a certain level. You don't have to do it this way. You can land with 20% and just leave the drone on, but that takes a very long time to fully discharge. Make sure you fully charge after the discharge.

I've been doing this to my Inspire batteries every 10 flights for years and so far I still have all my original batteries. Granted, they don't work as well as the newer ones, but they DO still work.

D

Reactions: Jim Weist
But it is harmful to discharge more then 10 flights?

Its pointless to do it more frequently since the internal resistance and cell balance will not alter that much in less than 10 cycles.

Please use the search function on the forum.

The subject of when/why/how/how much to discharge the stupid....I mean ‘smart’ batteries on the Inspire series has been covered many many times already and there are extensive threads on this very subject.

Thank You

This one now closed.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry