Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Discharging until no power

Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried discharging my battery below 5% and I even took it to 1% once but I still get the message:

"Battery needs a complete process of charging and discharching. Or else, battery level may drop during flight and affect the safety of your flight.

Solution: After flight finishes, please discharge the battery to 5% or below. Charge the battery to 50% for long term storage."

I have read in some places you should discharge the battery until the Inspire 1 has no more power left and all lights go out.

Is that what anyone else has does?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have tried discharging my battery below 5% and I even took it to 1% once but I still get the message:

"Battery needs a complete process of charging and discharching. Or else, battery level may drop during flight and affect the safety of your flight.

Solution: After flight finishes, please discharge the battery to 5% or below. Charge the battery to 50% for long term storage."

I have read in some places you should discharge the battery until the Inspire 1 has no more power left and all lights go out.

Is that what anyone else has does?

Thanks.
Do not take any notice of the percentage level - it is wrong which is why you are going through the process of calibration. Take the battery down to 3.3v per cell or until it completely shuts down.
Then allow it to cool back down to ambient (could be up to an hour) then fully charge it.

The editor is correct. Also I do believe they say you have to start from a full charge and take it down to self shut off all in one process.

i also just went thru this procedure turn smart go home off and run the inspire down till it completely shuts down then let the battery cool down and recharge and the message will be gone

lI have just bought another 2 new TB47 batteries. I put each of them in my Inspire and updated them with the latest firmware 1.4.10. The SD card shows that they were successfully updated so they must have been manufactured before the latest firmware update.
Just want to confirm that I suppose I'll have to do the complete discharge calibration on them too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669