Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Disconnected - Poor Radio Channel Quality

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have searched through several posts on the forum but cant find anyone has had this specific issue, if its already been answered. I apologise in advance.,

I upgraded from the Phantom 3 Pro last week to the Inspire, the first week has been very hit and miss.

After a couple of problems updating the firmware, everything worked fine for the first couple of flights. Then suddenly yesterday (after a long drive to a remote location) the inspire simply would not connect. Using the DJI Go app it shows 'Disconnected' at the top of the screen and Poor radio channel quality in the aircraft status menu. I tried every combination of things I could think of including restarts of all equipment. No joy.

A little annoyed but drove home to try figure it out. Turned it on back at home to try problem solve and no issues at all, worked straight away.

This morning I drove back to the same spot as yesterday and luckily everything worked like a charm. Happy man. Went home for a recharge (only one battery) and drove to a close by beach. To my surprise, the exact same problem as yesterday. It simply did not want to work. Once again, drove home, and what do you know, it works again!!

Now when the problem occurs, I am still able to fly and manipulate the gimbal, I just cant see what is going on on the screen, flying blind.

Now this never happened once when flying the phantom, so I'm guessing it isn't a fault with the tablet. (Kindle Fire HDX)

Has anyone had this problem, any ideas as to what is causing the issue?

Many thanks.

Hi Guys,

I have searched through several posts on the forum but cant find anyone has had this specific issue, if its already been answered. I apologise in advance.,

I upgraded from the Phantom 3 Pro last week to the Inspire, the first week has been very hit and miss.

After a couple of problems updating the firmware, everything worked fine for the first couple of flights. Then suddenly yesterday (after a long drive to a remote location) the inspire simply would not connect. Using the DJI Go app it shows 'Disconnected' at the top of the screen and Poor radio channel quality in the aircraft status menu. I tried every combination of things I could think of including restarts of all equipment. No joy.

A little annoyed but drove home to try figure it out. Turned it on back at home to try problem solve and no issues at all, worked straight away.

This morning I drove back to the same spot as yesterday and luckily everything worked like a charm. Happy man. Went home for a recharge (only one battery) and drove to a close by beach. To my surprise, the exact same problem as yesterday. It simply did not want to work. Once again, drove home, and what do you know, it works again!!

Now when the problem occurs, I am still able to fly and manipulate the gimbal, I just cant see what is going on on the screen, flying blind.

Now this never happened once when flying the phantom, so I'm guessing it isn't a fault with the tablet. (Kindle Fire HDX)

Has anyone had this problem, any ideas as to what is causing the issue?

Many thanks.
Hey Oscen..
Welcome to inspirepilots.com. ..
sounds like you might have a poor connection between your gimbal and aircraft. ..
if you've been taking your camera off to transport I'm guessing that's the issue..
On the camera there's two screws securing the board in the housing..Go ahead and lossen them a little at a time up to two turns..

Reactions: crashburn
Usually if I turn off the Inspire and then back on, I get video back
But it seems you're already turned off and on all equipment?

Hi turbodronepilot, Do you mean the 2 silver screws that secure the sim card type / looking component to the gimbal? pushed onto a rubber gasket type thing (fantastic technical terminology I know). On a side note, ever since unpacking it the rubber gasket has been loose on one side and slightly folded over, guessing its not really a problem?

Hi Crashburn, Yeah each time it has happened I have shut down everything and tried multiple ways of switching stuff back on and off, disconnecting cables, camera etc etc to try rectify but to no avail. It appears that the only thing that works is turning it off, putting it in the boot of the car, driving it home and switching it back on there!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
It appears that the only thing that works is turning it off, putting it in the boot of the car, driving it home and switching it back on there!

Have you tried moving 50m away?

That happened to me once, really pissed me off, tried different batteries, every combo of on-off. Finally moved about 20m max, and no problems. I think it was an app issue because after my ios app updated, I get the "poor radio quality" now at my house, (where I have never gotten it b4)

Hi Carlsberg,

I started using my HTC M7 instead of the kindle and all seems to be working again.

Fingers crossed it stays that way, if not I will certainly try moving a few meters away as the first fix. I am guessing you were right about it being an app issue.

Cheers

Hi Carlsberg,

I started using my HTC M7 instead of the kindle and all seems to be working again.

Fingers crossed it stays that way, if not I will certainly try moving a few meters away as the first fix. I am guessing you were right about it being an app issue.

Cheers
USB debug is supposed to be unchecked in developer options on your device, this might be a reason for disconnects.

I did not know this, thanks very much.

I will have a look later and see if the correct settings are selected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG