Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DIY Mapping Helper for Inspire

Reaction score
Website
www.kvphoto.com
Hello everyone! THIS IS my first ever post on this forum so I decided to make it a helpful one.

I have been hired to do a Geo Map of an 84 Acres area of property. With the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus this was somewhat easy as you could use software and waypoints....but as you know, and as I have read on this forum, this is NOT YET available for the Inspire.

WELL....I no longer have access to an P2VP.....so....I've got to do it with the INSPIRE.

The challenge is keeping the drone at 10 MPH or slower and forcing it into a perfectly straight path....the solution was purchased from Home Depot.....SEE PHOTO

This is a simple angle iron "T"....4 inches....I drilled a hole for the top and bottom of the iPad holder and it fit like a glove....then I notched out the cross bar, little by little until the drone goes 10MPH...

With this system, and with the "Pilot App" set to 45Meters high....I perfectly control the Height, Speed, and Direction.

I hope this helps someone????

Yours,

Kirk Voclain
http://www.kvphoto.com

Attachments

• 2015-08-01 18.34.54.jpg
    2015-08-01 18.34.54.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 69
Reactions: ajohnsonlaird
I SURE CAN!!!!

Here you go!!!

Kirk Voclain

I'm guessing you'll be doing this job in calm winds?

Restricting the control input mechanically is a clever idea - but once you get winds at a certain speed and direction I imagine the speed of the Inspire will also change based on its motion relative to upwind, downwind, crosswind?

Reactions: Dr_Dooms
Hello everyone! THIS IS my first ever post on this forum so I decided to make it a helpful one.

I have been hired to do a Geo Map of an 84 Acres area of property. With the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus this was somewhat easy as you could use software and waypoints....but as you know, and as I have read on this forum, this is NOT YET available for the Inspire.

WELL....I no longer have access to an P2VP.....so....I've got to do it with the INSPIRE.

The challenge is keeping the drone at 10 MPH or slower and forcing it into a perfectly straight path....the solution was purchased from Home Depot.....SEE PHOTO

This is a simple angle iron "T"....4 inches....I drilled a hole for the top and bottom of the iPad holder and it fit like a glove....then I notched out the cross bar, little by little until the drone goes 10MPH...

With this system, and with the "Pilot App" set to 45Meters high....I perfectly control the Height, Speed, and Direction.

I hope this helps someone????

Yours,

Kirk Voclain
http://www.kvphoto.com

Have you compared your method (and it's output) to the Drone Deploy (DD) beta? If so, can you details some of the pros / cons you would have encountered using DD?

Thanks
KnightOwl

Reactions: DustyVisor
2015-08-04 14.03.19.png
I'm guessing you'll be doing this job in calm winds?

Restricting the control input mechanically is a clever idea - but once you get winds at a certain speed and direction I imagine the speed of the Inspire will also change based on its motion relative to upwind, downwind, crosswind?

Here is my flight pattern...can you tell when the wind started?????? YES....it was a bit windy..but it was not manageable! All I did, once I realized the problem was slightly tap the rudder command to compensate....you can tell when the wind started...and stopped and started again....and at the end I get better and better at it.

Kirk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379