Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Australian repair facility.... Nightmares.... Air encoder issue

Reaction score
This is another video demonstrating the Air Encoder Issue.

It is long but I wanted a continuous video without edits or cuts showing from the moment I un-box the Inspire (posted back from the repair facility) and demonstrate straight away the errors I'm getting. The purpose been that I wanted to show how often the errors occur and demonstrate that I don't need multiple tries to make it happen. Just to show that it happens 100% of the time without fail.

If you just want to see the encoder errors, then jump to 10:20 into the video.

Background, I've had this issue since I purchased the Inspire 2 New back in March last year. Progressively it has gotten worse as time went on, so in November last year I had started the repair process through DJI. Three times it went back with a diagnosis saying 'No Fault Found'

This time round the inspire had been at the DJI repair facility since 5th February and I only just received it, again no fault found! On top of this all the Gimbal port covers and the SSD plug are missing and were never sent back from the facility. Grrrrr.

I just want the two issues fixed:

1st/ A persistent and 100% repeatable 'Air encoder error' that appears on every boot up. Resulting in multiple features not loading from the GO app and requiring a reboot.

2nd/ An intermittent but very annoying auto de-focus issue. Which occurs very frequently whilst using manual focus. If I set manual focus too infinity, the X5S will automatically de-focus and ruin the shot. This is un-commanded and will travel from infinity focus to the other end of the scale well and truely out of focus.

All issues will happen with all lenses (DJI 15mm, Olympus 25mm and Olympus 45mm lenses), multiple iPads, Cendence remote and standard remote control.

Please DJI, this has been an absolute nightmare and I need it resolved ASAP!

This is another video demonstrating the Air Encoder Issue.

It is long but I wanted a continuous video without edits or cuts showing from the moment I un-box the Inspire (posted back from the repair facility) and demonstrate straight away the errors I'm getting. The purpose been that I wanted to show how often the errors occur and demonstrate that I don't need multiple tries to make it happen. Just to show that it happens 100% of the time without fail.

If you just want to see the encoder errors, then jump to 10:20 into the video.

Background, I've had this issue since I purchased the Inspire 2 New back in March last year. Progressively it has gotten worse as time went on, so in November last year I had started the repair process through DJI. Three times it went back with a diagnosis saying 'No Fault Found'

This time round the inspire had been at the DJI repair facility since 5th February and I only just received it, again no fault found! On top of this all the Gimbal port covers and the SSD plug are missing and were never sent back from the facility. Grrrrr.

I just want the two issues fixed:

1st/ A persistent and 100% repeatable 'Air encoder error' that appears on every boot up. Resulting in multiple features not loading from the GO app and requiring a reboot.

2nd/ An intermittent but very annoying auto de-focus issue. Which occurs very frequently whilst using manual focus. If I set manual focus too infinity, the X5S will automatically de-focus and ruin the shot. This is un-commanded and will travel from infinity focus to the other end of the scale well and truely out of focus.

All issues will happen with all lenses (DJI 15mm, Olympus 25mm and Olympus 45mm lenses), multiple iPads, Cendence remote and standard remote control.

Please DJI, this has been an absolute nightmare and I need it resolved ASAP!

You are aware this isn't a DJI affiliated forum yes?
Whilst I appreciate your frustration, this is not the forum to vent but rather resolve your dispute(s) directly with the vendor/manufacturer.

Thank You

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips