Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI customer service is a joke

Reaction score
This year I've purchase phantom 4, month ago Inspire 1 black edition with osmo and x5 adapter plus tons of accessories, batteries etc, it's a hefty chunk if $ for a hubby, but you live once.
Dji Costumer service is know for doing a poor piss job, it's all over the online reviews, my case is no different, unfortunately bird came with bad swollen battery, on top of that didn't want to update, took me few SD cards, bunch of restores etc, didn't want to send my new never flown bird to dji since I knew I won't see it for a while, battery since it was swollen, nothing to be done about it, opened a ticket, had to send invoice copy to proof of purchase, then the photos of battery, then serial of bird and battery,and so on, it's been now 3 weeks and nothing, I'm so speechless that a company that sells you a 4+k drone had a such a terrible customer service, unfortunately if your toy will need any sort of a service, or something happen then hold on to your seat because you be there for a while.
After my experience with Dji, I'm done with purchasing anything from them, hope other companies will up their game so I can take my business elsewhere, I love companies that stand behind their products and I find my self to be a loyal customer.

Your biggest mistake was sending a new bird back to DJI, you should've returned it to where you bought it, unless of course, you purchased it directly from DJI, that would then become an even larger mistake.

Reactions: Jimmer
I've actually didn't send the bird back, because of threads like this, I knew better than that, plus the battery was swollen so I disposed it at work after reading it can catch on fire, what I did was open a ticket, took bunch of fotos, and provided all the info that I was asked to, then the ticket went silent, no response, when I called I was told that the situation will be forwarded to proper department, and still nothing, I ended up buying few t48s since was eager to fly it, at this point I don't even know how to deal with them.

Did you buy it new and was it direct from DJI or another authorized retailer?

Did you buy it new and was it direct from DJI or another authorized retailer?
I bought it from authorised dealer, I've sent the dealer a message and got a respond back to contact DJI directly and they will help me out, I got a good deal on the Inspire so I was like ok, didn't expect it to take that long, and God knows how long it will continue to drag, the price difference from what everybody is selling the pro black edition did cover a new t48, but that's besides the point that it's one of the worse customer service I've seen to date, and Im sure people will continue to buy their product because it's great technology and one of the best, but when a competitive company gets anywhere close to what dji is offering now, they will loose a lots of business, I know I will gladly go as well, it's good to know that product you buy will be backed up by manufacturer, in this case you hope it won't fail, lol that's life

I assume you're located outside the US? Like I always say, "a good deal isn't only about dollars and cents".

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilrah
I'm in Us, and unit was brand new in sealed box and all, I can't complain about that, and I know people been having issues with battery due to previous bad firmware, but that should be addressed by Dji, especially since I was never even able to power the unit on.

I would request a return of your item. You might be past your return date however, if you're still having issues, I would attempt to send it back.

I would request a return of your item. You might be past your return date however, if you're still having issues, I would attempt to send it back.
It's too late now, plus I would be looking at a restocking fee, or try to fight it out with the seller, I'm screwed a bit no matter how I look at it, at least I got it to fly now so that's a plus and that I didn't have to send it to dji

This year I've purchase phantom 4, month ago Inspire 1 black edition with osmo and x5 adapter plus tons of accessories, batteries etc, it's a hefty chunk if $ for a hubby, but you live once.
Dji Costumer service is know for doing a poor piss job, it's all over the online reviews, my case is no different, unfortunately bird came with bad swollen battery, on top of that didn't want to update, took me few SD cards, bunch of restores etc, didn't want to send my new never flown bird to dji since I knew I won't see it for a while, battery since it was swollen, nothing to be done about it, opened a ticket, had to send invoice copy to proof of purchase, then the photos of battery, then serial of bird and battery,and so on, it's been now 3 weeks and nothing, I'm so speechless that a company that sells you a 4+k drone had a such a terrible customer service, unfortunately if your toy will need any sort of a service, or something happen then hold on to your seat because you be there for a while.
After my experience with Dji, I'm done with purchasing anything from them, hope other companies will up their game so I can take my business elsewhere, I love companies that stand behind their products and I find my self to be a loyal customer.
Had the same issue with a swollen battery in a brand new P4 and they took 5 weeks to replace it! My suggestion DO NOT BUY DIRECT FROM DJI. Purchase from your local Drone store like Dronefly or B&H etc. They replace defective DJI gear ASAP.

If you used PayPal, American Express, or a credit card, just file a claim . I know personally know 3 people at the airpark have gotten their money back. PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARD COMPANIES 99% SIDE FOR THE CUSTOMER. My neighbor had a true fly away and also was refunded from Paypal. DJI has got to make customer service a priority or they will continue to piss people off.

Your biggest mistake was sending a new bird back to DJI, you should've returned it to where you bought it, unless of course, you purchased it directly from DJI, that would then become an even larger mistake.
Doesn't really matter where you got it... My inspire had a fault and I sent it back to the place I bought it.. Then they sent it back to China ... So i had to wait about 6-7 weeks before I got it back

Doesn't really matter where you got it... My inspire had a fault and I sent it back to the place I bought it.. Then they sent it back to China ... So i had to wait about 6-7 weeks before I got it back
I'll have to send it back to dji if I want to or not, my sellers policy is that if you ship it back after a week they charge 20% restocking fee, another issue is with the lending gear, it's set to automatically come on when landing but it doesn't, I have to manually lower it, on top of that when I take a picture with the app or pressing shutter button on remote in photo or video mode, the ring around the button keeps circling because it freezes, if I hit it again screen goes black, when I mount the x5 on the osmo it does the same thing, I've started another ticket with dji few days ago but no response yet, and from what I read once I'll send in the bird in, I won't see it for about 8 weeks, $H!T IS just getting better and better

Landing gear doesnt lower until it's almost 3ft above the ground. In addition, have you tried a different SD card, this may be the issue with recording.

I've nothing but GREAT service from DJI....once I learned their system......they DO NOT like to talk on the phone....they love to communicate via the "TICKET"....and, that ticket is not like a text message that you send to your friend...ore even an email. When you text your friend, you get one text...and so the reply is often instant.

Imagine how many drones are in this world...imagine how many open "Tickets" these people have!!!!!!

I have learned that 2 days is a normal wait period for a response to a ticket message.

But after time.....you will have your problem resolved.....and then, all will be right with the world......

Kirk

They just flipped a bad Phantom 3 Advanced controller for me in 7 days total. Living in Los Angeles might have helped that along. Usually legacy stuff takes longer. Surprised your Inspire related issue took so long.

It's pretty late in the game for anyone to rag on DJI for their customer service rating and response times. They have invested millions to improving things and based on the time it takes to answer the phone to the time it takes get the issue resolved. There is nothing I could see them doing to relieve disatisfied consumers as the resources in play now need to be properly monopolized to your advantage. Not happy with the arrangement...buy from another company.

Landing gear doesnt lower until it's almost 3ft above the ground. In addition, have you tried a different SD card, this may be the issue with recording.
I've tried 32gb SanDisk extreme, 32gb Samsung and 64gb Samsung pro, same result and no change in behavior

It's pretty late in the game for anyone to rag on DJI for their customer service rating and response times. They have invested millions to improving things and based on the time it takes to answer the phone to the time it takes get the issue resolved. There is nothing I could see them doing to relieve disatisfied consumers as the resources in play now need to be properly monopolized to your advantage. Not happy with the arrangement...buy from another company.
We are not talking about $50 toys here, Inspire black is 4.2k, it's been weeks now and bad battery still not resolved, after filing a ticket for bad camera and bad vsp it takes a week to get a message tight I might have to send it back, so they are in need of information that will take more time to process before I get rma, I don't even know if I'll have to dish out for shipping it in, I agree with you that if you don't like a company the way they handle their business you should go and get a different brand, but nothing out there offer what dji does, I also know as a small time eBay seller with 1300+ 100% positive feedback that it's impossible to keep all the buyers happy at all times, but you should do whatever you can because that's how you get a loyal customer, even if once in a while you have to loose few bucks here and there, and I'm one of many many customers who have a huge problem with how their Costumer service operate, and if they sell so much broken down equipment then maybe invest in better quality control perhaps? It's not even about things not working, it's about safety, I had to run my phantom 4 fly into the trees because it started to fly in circles crazy fast and I knew I could land it safely, or the bad soldier work on batteries that cost 200 a pop and you have birds dropping from the sky just because of lost power from that issue, and then firmware updates that fix one issue but create another, this is not about one happy customer one unhappy, one happy one unhappy, and if I would be an ahole I would probably sell it for few hundred bucks less but then I don't want to sell no pile of junk to anyone for so much money and feel good about my self because "I don't have to deal with it anymore", so I'm hopeful it will all get sort out, but it will take much longer than it should, and I doubt it all will be taken care of, but thanks for your 2 cents.

I wish I had found this thread a couple of weeks ago. Ordered the Inspire 1 direct from DJI and it arrived yesterday (FedEX is another issue). Box and case all looked good, no damage. Took photos before unboxing. Everything inside looked good and new but the battery is dead as a dodo. No LED lights, won't charge, won't turn on. Opened a ticket with DJI and so far been feeding them info as requested... proof of payment, photos, questions about if it's been in a crash (um no, fresh outta the box), they requested a video showing it not charging, now confirming phone and address. Unfortunately without a working battery, I can't test anything else on the inspire, so not sure if anything else is faulty. Debating buying a spare battery locally so that I can test it, otherwise I worry that by the time I get a working battery, it'll be too late to return anything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44