Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI - FIRMWARE - Where we stand!

Reaction score
Website
www.ldistudios.com
Hi all,
I'm new to the drone scene although i do like to research thoroughly first. And whilst there is no question the Inspire is a marvelous piece of hardware I have to wonder at DJi and their level of competence with regard to customer support/software.

The first problem is the website showing the correct firmware - This is not intuitive at all and has minimal information. I can understand why some people try to upgrade to incorrect firmware. EDIT: this has now been corrected.
Next - The Firmware is just ......well....who knows? Dji certainly don't. They keep announcing updates. The updates keep bricking drones and then when people pose questions regarding the firmware they go silent and release another update. Only this update introduces more issues regarding things that worked ok before.

In short - I came here to get some sense!
Does anyone know the actual state of play with the firmware. I'm reluctant to upgrade due to the amount of people complaining.

any help/advice appreciated.

all the best
chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr_Dooms
Current public release firmware v1.6.0.40 is stable and gives me and many on this forum no issues whatsoever.
Update was (like every one before it) smooth, uneventful and without issue.

Firmware download page is clear and unambiguous with the most recent version at the top and the release date by each version.
Release notes are provided should you have any doubts.
I appreciate you may have concerns but not too sure how much clearer the download page can be!

Best one yet IMO is v.1.5.0.30 And you need it if you have an Osmo. I personally like the inspire X3 better with my Osmo.

I have always updated everything and have had no real issues at all. I do read and follow this forum religiously, however, keeping an eye on everyone's experiences and opinions. I've had no issues whatsoever with any and all firmware updates.

Reactions: The Editor
Current public release firmware v1.6.0.40 is stable and gives me and many on this forum no issues whatsoever.

Firmware download page is clear and unambiguous with the most recent version at the top and the release date by each version.
I appreciate you may have concerns but not too sure how much clearer the download page can be!

I'm about ready to update...just checking...does this update only apply to the aircraft...not the remote or batteries? Thanks for all your help on this forum.

Best one yet IMO is v.1.5.0.30 And you need it if you have an Osmo. I personally like the inspire X3 better with my Osmo.
Can you elaborate a bit on the reasons you like the X3 better on your OSMO?... Are you referring to the quality of video, how it handles movement, etc.?
Thanks!

Im always surprised to read about all the update issues... I've never had an issue with upgrading. (I've had issues with certain versions - but not the upgrade process).
The latest version seems good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just after I wrote that I've never had any firmware update issues, I seem to be experiencing one. I just updated my I

I just downloaded firmware from the zenmuse x5 page for my Inspire 1 that I'm using with the X5. I This is the file I downloaded.

WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60.bin

It went through the process as usual, and I got the proper beeping sounds indicating the process was finished. I checked the text file on the disk that was generated and got this message...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

When I turn everything on...rc first, then the craft, then my DJI GO app...which I just updated today...my GO APP comes up as usual...I'm able to go to my library, etc...but when I select camera...the APP just closes.

I don't have the Inspire Pro...I have an Inspire with the X5.

Not sure what the issue is? Did I download and install the incorrect firmware?

Thanks for you help!

Just after I wrote that I've never had any firmware update issues, I seem to be experiencing one. I just updated my I

I just downloaded firmware from the zenmuse x5 page for my Inspire 1 that I'm using with the X5. I This is the file I downloaded.

WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60.bin

It went through the process as usual, and I got the proper beeping sounds indicating the process was finished. I checked the text file on the disk that was generated and got this message...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

When I turn everything on...rc first, then the craft, then my DJI GO app...which I just updated today...my GO APP comes up as usual...I'm able to go to my library, etc...but when I select camera...the APP just closes.

I don't have the Inspire Pro...I have an Inspire with the X5.

Not sure what the issue is? Did I download and install the incorrect firmware?

Thanks for you help!
Completely uninstall the app and then reinstall it. That 'should' solve the issue (I hope)

Completely uninstall the app and then reinstall it. That 'should' solve the issue (I hope)

Thanks...I've read throught this thread and now remember that this was an issue and a fix...will try this. Very much appreciated.

Editor what is the transcoding tool software and dji cleanser??? No where to find info for it thsnks
The transcoding tool transcodes the mpeg4 video files from the Inspire into Apple ProRes 10bit 4:2:2 format (if you need it)
The DNG Cleaner tool makes up for some photo editors inefficiency in reading .dng files and cleans up the coloured dots you may see in the image (especially in dark areas or uniform coloured areas).
Neither tool is necessary unless you actually have a use for it.

Hope that helps. :)

Reactions: marg2
The transcoding tool transcodes the mpeg4 video files from the Inspire into Apple ProRes 10bit 4:2:2 format (if you need it)
The DNG Cleaner tool makes up for some photo editors inefficiency in reading .dng files and cleans up the coloured dots you may see in the image (especially in dark areas or uniform coloured areas).
Neither tool is necessary unless you actually have a use for it.

Hope that helps. :)
Yes Thank U have a great new yr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG