Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Flight Simulator

The simulator for the i1 was awesome for beginners. This one seems next level.

The only thing is I’m a iMac guy

In downloading it now. Instructions are poor

So far I downloaded the free version which installs the executable files. Then another screen pops up after you log in with your DJI account with a oddly placed install button on the button left but also says “already installed”. After a fumble I decide to click install again as no other places to click did anything.

This lead to download of a bunch of other files ? Not sure what the heck it’s doing.

It also doesn’t say how to connect your controller and the document on computable controllers and devices is all wacky.

I will post an update if I can get it to work. Still don’t know how to connect the controller to the pc. If I use the USB to micro USB port or the usb a to USB a cable but then I can’t fly with the screen on the remote.

And it needs a specific version of direct x

And now and old version of .net too

Ohh well. Looks like fun ahead !

Well it appears the free trial version is not what they show in the video. I will have to see how much paid versions sell for.

Using the i2 remote works but it beeps all the time until you unplug the USB cable. They don’t have the i2 in the free trial version either.

I attached some pics of what it looks like but I think the free trial is the old version? The launcher app says version 2.1.0.0 but when you run in free mode everything. Is in version 1.x

IMG_0927.jpgIMG_0928.jpgIMG_0929.jpg

If this is viable as a sim it would be a leap forward as the old DJI simulator requires you to power up the bird.

Looks like this one just requires a connection between the remote and the computer....something ‘traditional’ RCers have been able to do for years with select manufacturers’ remotes.

Looks like three versions...Free, Enterprise and Custom.

I will watch this one with interest; I wonder how much they want for the Enterprise version...anyone know yet?

Reactions: slim.slamma
Just for the record the micro USB port on the I2 is what’s used to run the software. The USB port that connects to the iPad is left open and I tried to fly the sun with iPad connected and the iPad doesn’t do anything and it says aircraft disconnected. So no point in attaching the iPad to the remote when you fly.

I have a request in for the price of the lowest paid tier and will report back costs when I get them.

However there is no I2 aircraft to fly but it’s listed as one of the aircraft available in the sim.

The I2 remote always beeps and vibrates the whole time your flying BTW with this version.

Basically it seems like it still have some bugs.

But I will say it other wise works good.

I do find the aim harder to fly than the real aircraft because of depth perception so I’m always slamming into things

It’s worth a go for those that have the time.

So, how many folks have tried this? I spent a fair amount of time with the Inspire 1 sim and while the Atti is decent in preparing someone for flying without positioning, I don't think the physics are very good. The response and stability are more like a video game than they are true to and Inspire 1. I have never seen an Inspire 1 that stable :)

What I liked about the first sim was you could fly in atti adjust, wind speed and play with advance settings. The sensitivity otherwise I would have never really got a hands on grasp.

Only improvement I need now is obstacles. Don't fail me DJi

To stay on the yellow line flying forward, sideways, backwards in atti, wind jacked up in whatever direction, and adjust flight settings.

Can't beat that practice

I am trying to connect my dji inspire 2 remote controller to PC using the micro USB of the remote controller, but when I start the simulator my remote don't connect to sim. How do you did it?

Just for the record the micro USB port on the I2 is what’s used to run the software. The USB port that connects to the iPad is left open and I tried to fly the sun with iPad connected and the iPad doesn’t do anything and it says aircraft disconnected. So no point in attaching the iPad to the remote when you fly.

I have a request in for the price of the lowest paid tier and will report back costs when I get them.

However there is no I2 aircraft to fly but it’s listed as one of the aircraft available in the sim.

The I2 remote always beeps and vibrates the whole time your flying BTW with this version.

Basically it seems like it still have some bugs.

But I will say it other wise works good.

I do find the aim harder to fly than the real aircraft because of depth perception so I’m always slamming into things

It’s worth a go for those that have the time.

Ok wow
Went to start up flight sim today and it offered me an upgrade to version 1.3.0

It uninstalls the version 1.x it downloaded yesterday that DJI website said was version 2 and launcher says is version 2. I guess the launcher and the simulator have two different version numbers.

The sim software now reports as version 1.3.0

No inspire 2 for aircraft but that mavic air, spark, mavic enterprise and inspire 1 pro are available

They must have pre announced some of the supported aircraft and are adding them slowly.View attachment 22755

Last edited:
I am trying to connect my dji inspire 2 remote controller to PC using the micro USB of the remote controller, but when I start the simulator my remote don't connect to sim. How do you did it?

Have you installed DJI assist ?

When I plug my controller into my windows 10 machine it s identified as the remote. I also went into settings in the app and where you specify controller I picked “light bridge” controller. But In all honestly I tried the other controllers and they worked too.

I suspect it’s either you have to have had DJI assistant installed and/or select light bridge controller from the settings in the sim. Try the settings first before installing DJI assistant.

I will install DJI assist and try this then, thanks.

Have you installed DJI assist ?

When I plug my controller into my windows 10 machine it s identified as the remote. I also went into settings in the app and where you specify controller I picked “light bridge” controller. But In all honestly I tried the other controllers and they worked too.

I suspect it’s either you have to have had DJI assistant installed and/or select light bridge controller from the settings in the sim. Try the settings first before installing DJI assistant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool