Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go 2.5 Updated

Reaction score
Just a word of warning guys DJI have put the Geo-Fencing restriction into this update and not mentioned that they have added it. Upgrade at your own risk!

Reactions: marg2
Just a word of warning guys DJI have put the Geo-Fencing restriction into this update and not mentioned that they have added it. Upgrade at your own risk!
And you know this how?
What they have put really in doesn't sound like any compelling reason to update though
What's New
1. The Osmo now notifies users when switching between Upright, Underslung and Flashlight modes.
2. Lightbridge 2 plus the A2 support Home Lock, Course Lock and Point of Interest.
3. Brand new epic templates coming in five themes of Love, Travel, Companionship, Music and Change.
4. Look back on your 2015 flight log and share your memories with others. The "2016 I will..." campaign is now live!

Because It has been posted on various other websites and social media with screen grabs so I think that is proof enough. Update if you don't believe me

GO app 2.5.0 is in beta testing. The iOS version is only available to beta testers. The normal open chaos for Android means it can be downloaded. There is no open information other than the fact that it addresses geo-fencing and unlocking. It does not function fully without the appropriate aircraft firmware release.

EDITED: GO 2.5.0 has been formerly released 11 Jan 16. The geo-fencing is only effective with the appropriate aircraft firmware which is still (as of now) in beta testing. Don't panic.

Last edited:
GO app 2.5.0 is in beta testing. The iOS version is only available to beta testers. The normal open chaos for Android means it can be downloaded. There is no open information other than the fact that it addresses geo-fencing and unlocking. It does not function fully without the appropriate aircraft firmware release.

Scott the Go update is available now, it's on my iPhone and I'm not Beta Testing so be warned if you update you will be Geo fenced.

IMG_2317.PNG

Scott the Go update is available now, it's on my iPhone and I'm not Beta Testing so be warned if you update you will be Geo fenced.

View attachment 5605
Just spotted it having just got out of bed! As I said it does nothing for Geo-fencing without the appropriate aircraft firmware which is still in beta.

Reactions: Kilrah
Just spotted it having just got out of bed! As I said it does nothing for Geo-fencing without the appropriate aircraft firmware which is still in beta.

I just asked the guy on the Phantom Pilots forum if he was running Beta firmware and he said no he is running 1.6 which is the latest Phantom 3 firmware, same as on my P3

I just asked the guy on the Phantom Pilots forum if he was running Beta firmware and he said no he is running 1.6 which is the latest Phantom 3 firmware, same as on my P3
Geofencing will NOT work without v1.7.xx.xx firmware
This version has not been released publically yet.

So they told us. I have just seen his "about" page on the App screen shot and he is not on Beta firmware so something definitely is a miss here. All I'm going to say to people is you upgrade at your own risk. A few notable people in the know have also started mentioning it on Facebook.

Brand new epic templates coming in five themes of Love, Travel, Companionship, Music and Change.
@The Editor is this your R&D? :p

Meanwhile Yuneec launch a phantom size hex and the H920 CGO4 and DJI rebadge old visions as P3 4k, where's the I2? Over a year now. :(

Not going to update as I'm still on 1.5 and will await 1.7.

@The Editor is this your R&D? :p

Meanwhile Yuneec launch a phantom size hex and the H920 CGO4 and DJI rebadge old visions as P3 4k, where's the I2? Over a year now. :(

Not going to update as I'm still on 1.5 and will await 1.7.
YES !!!! - numbers 3 and 4 are all my doing - you know how much I just love the whole social media 'share your flights on PooTube rubbish' :p

I am going to push DJI to make sure the next version of the Go app drops all flight telemetry data and just concentrates on social media links and realtime twitter feeds with selfies (Dronies) having a dedicated button right in the middle of the screen.

YES !!!! - numbers 3 and 4 are all my doing - you know how much I just love the whole social media 'share your flights on PooTube rubbish' :p

I am going to push DJI to make sure the next version of the Go app drops all flight telemetry data and just concentrates on social media links and realtime twitter feeds with selfies (Dronies) having a dedicated button right in the middle of the screen.
LOL. Great, hours of fun!? :)

Hopefully have improved the image quality. In my Mini iPad 2 is very bad. The picture freezes a lot and is getting to the point of disrupting the operation.

I tested yesterday on my phone One Plus One and has not frozen any time!

Following on from starting the thread yesterday it does install the Geo Fencing. If you are running the 1.7 Beta you are able to "self approve" the area you need to fly in and carry on. If you are running 1.6 you cannot and will not be able to fly in those areas, of which include helicopter pads and other things so lots and lots of no fly zones, until you downgrade to 1.5. I hope people heeded my warning as I knew I was correct.

Last edited:
I always back up my device in i cloud before, any updates on dji apps, in case there is a problem can do restore, save me from losing waypoint flying on my P2v+ 4 months ago

Does anyone know where to get older versions? My phone updated the app before I could stop it :eek:

go to itunes store on your pc, you probably have an old back up don't do the whole phone just the app.Icloud will have your b/up up to date before u you do that set your iphone to not to update auto set in in manual , i have an old iphone 5s just with old back up in case for both of my birds
Hope it help you
Ps my last post said b/up on Icloud, I meant my Pc sorry

Reactions: ringolong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan