Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go App 2.42 will not connect to RC...grounded

Reaction score
I have the latest firmware on the I1 and RC.
The DJI GO App had 2.41 for Android.
DJI released 2.42 so I blindly updated...this was a mistake.
Now when I power the AC and RC they connect.
When the GO App starts it will not connect to the RC.
I have no camera view it only states "How to connect"
Someone mentioned you need to log in so I tried that no luck.
I can control the AC using the RC (led green)
I have uninstalled the App many,many times with no luck.

I have tried to revert back t0 2.41 but cannot find it...anyone has a copy?

Anyone else experiencing this problem and found a resolution?

Does anyone know what is gs_ofdm.bin file for the RC is? I think it is a factory reset for the RC.
I cannot fly...grounded...Need Help.

Does anyone know what is gs_ofdm.bin file for the RC is? I think it is a factory reset for the RC.
Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your problem. I don't have the Android so I can't help there (the iOS 2.4.2 installed without any problem for me).

The gs_ofdm.bin file is only for resetting the RC. If you RC is talking to your I1 then it is not the problem. The latest RC firmware is 1.5.70 and is working fine with the latest I1 FW 1.4.0.10.

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your problem. I don't have the Android so I can't help there (the iOS 2.4.2 installed without any problem for me).

The gs_ofdm.bin file is only for resetting the RC. If you RC is talking to your I1 then it is not the problem. The latest RC firmware is 1.5.70 and is working fine with the latest I1 FW 1.4.0.10.
I updated the GO app to get the latest RC and that is where my problem begin...thanks for the response

I'm confused - are you running iOS or Android as there is no v2.4.2 for Android?
I assume you are on iOS.

Same thing happened to me today. Tried updating via the android app. Downloaded RC update and then failed doing the update.
Went to the DJI site, got the firmware--tried it with the SD card routine. Nothing. Tried controller reset..nothing.
Light blue light on the controller (far left LED). Called DJI, they sent me a bin file to place in the SD card to reset. Nothing. Tried with my iPad..nothing. Tried with my phone..nothing.
Now they want to give me a support ticket to return my controller. I refused and am waiting for a manager to call back.
Ridiculous.
Bricked controller.

My controller connects to the aircraft and will control it but the app will not connect to the RController.
Maybe they will send me 2.40 GO App?
That will cure my issue!@#@#$@$#%$#%$grounded

Same thing happened to me today. Tried updating via the android app. Downloaded RC update and then failed doing the update.
Went to the DJI site, got the firmware--tried it with the SD card routine. Nothing. Tried controller reset..nothing.
Light blue light on the controller (far left LED). Called DJI, they sent me a bin file to place in the SD card to reset. Nothing. Tried with my iPad..nothing. Tried with my phone..nothing.
Now they want to give me a support ticket to return my controller. I refused and am waiting for a manager to call back.
Ridiculous.
Bricked controller.
Update:
I tried my android phone again with a newly installed DJI Go app. Got it to update the RC firmware. All is well.
Happy / annoyed.
Others having problems, perhaps uninstall and reinstall app?

Reactions: ricardo
Update:
I tried my android phone again with a newly installed DJI Go app. Got it to update the RC firmware. All is well.
Happy / annoyed.
Others having problems, perhaps uninstall and reinstall app?
Is it the one released today?

I

If yur talking bout the latest firm ware for the RC... the one that hot updated is on it's way to California. ... total disconnect with the AC.... did a reset on the RC.. no luck... I'll be waiting on the refurb on that RC.. before I attemp to update the other RC I have...sucks...

Had the same problem using Android/Galaxy Note on this last update. Had a steady light blue LED on the RC and it laid there like a dead fish. Finally switched to my iPhone 6 and performed the firmware update. All is fine now. Flying with the Galaxy Note after the update.

Ridiculous.
Bricked controller.
Had the same problem a while back something went wrong in the controller and would not update. Had to send it back and 9 weeks later it was better than new. I can't remember what it was that needed to be repaired/replaced in the controller though.

Turns out it was the usb port. DJI repaired in three weeks. Now I have TB48 that will not turn on --tried the connector disconnect with no luck. Probably will have to send in to DJI, I was purchased in August with about 20 flights ($200 appears a bad deal for this battery)

Turns out it was the usb port. DJI repaired in three weeks. Now I have TB48 that will not turn on --tried the connector disconnect with no luck. Probably will have to send in to DJI, I was purchased in August with about 20 flights ($200 appears a bad deal for this battery)
Have you tried leaving it on charge for around 30 minutes or so - to try and bring it out of hibernation?

BTW - I have deleted your duplicate post over on this thread.

i have just bought a inspire 1 ( second Hand) with apparently only 5 flights under its belt but haven't been able to get it in the air due to the mobile device not connecting. AC is connected to RC but cannot get camera on app and when in flight sim mode remains disconnected but i can manually control the camera and start the drone. Can anyone help, nothing worse than being grounded

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips