Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go App "Exp Level" no longer going up

Reaction score
For some reason, quite some time back, the Experience level on the DJI Go app stopped going up whenever I uploaded my latest flights. I'm stuck on level 14 and haven't moved now in ages.
I've tried everything I can think of short of "delete all records" on the synch and try to sync them back across, but I'd hate to lose almost 50 flights, 88kms, and 9 hours air time if it went wrong somehow.
I know the Exp Level is a silly "game like" feature, that really means nothing, but I'd still like to get it working again.
Every record has been uploaded, so it's not that.
I can't find anywhere that I can log out of the app and back in. I've tried going to the main DJI website and playing around from there to fix it.
I know the records do sync across, because I can use any of my ipads or my iPhone and the latest data always downloads when I sync, but my Exp level is perpetually stuck.

I have flown at least half of my flights with different apps, like AutoPilot and Litchi. The logs are not passed on to DJI GO so my experience level in GO is just a joke.

For some reason, quite some time back, the Experience level on the DJI Go app stopped going up whenever I uploaded my latest flights. I'm stuck on level 14 and haven't moved now in ages.
I've tried everything I can think of short of "delete all records" on the synch and try to sync them back across, but I'd hate to lose almost 50 flights, 88kms, and 9 hours air time if it went wrong somehow.
I know the Exp Level is a silly "game like" feature, that really means nothing, but I'd still like to get it working again.
Every record has been uploaded, so it's not that.
I can't find anywhere that I can log out of the app and back in. I've tried going to the main DJI website and playing around from there to fix it.
I know the records do sync across, because I can use any of my ipads or my iPhone and the latest data always downloads when I sync, but my Exp level is perpetually stuck.
Yes, the flight level/experience is pointless but does anyone actually care?
I don't even know what mine says (probably "Newbie" or "Novice" or something similar), I really could t care less, no official body would take any notice of them they are meaningless.
Keep a written log of your flights, total flight time (both pilot and aircraft) and sign them off each month.
That's the only true log that will mean anything.

The stupid thing is that the logs are accurate, it's the Exp Level that isn't updating.
I guess it's the old gamer in me wanting to see the level go up.
The medals are what I don't give a sh1t about. Those are based on number of photos, minutes of video, etc etc.

I've got the poor lady at DJI support stumped.
She first assumed I wasn't uploading my logs,
so I sent her screen shots of before a flight, and then after a flight and upload, and she has now sent my problem on to some other section to be looking into.
Trust me to come up with a problem too big for the normal support people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They fixed my problem, I suddenly jumped up to level 20 now. Can't test if it's working though because it's raining, and my house is too small to fly in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Haramed Fong
I too am forever destined to be level 13. I too have contacted support to try to solve this titanic let down only to feel as though I'm in the Chinese restraunt having to point at what I want because when she says it I'm sure It's not what I said. If DJI where to take a lesson it should be if your going to market to primarily English speaking countries, you know the ones with the cash you so desparetely seek, support should embrace the thought they may have to become fluent in the language. But I digress maybe in the new world order I'm supposed to be studying the ten thousand dialects of Chinese. They are the new economic superpower even if it's with our money.

If it helps the timeframe it occurred was when The Pilot app became the Go app.
Ah yes ChnJab, I've felt the pain of chatting with DJI as well. English lessons!! And fast...

I'd rather DJI focus their attention on bug fixes and feature improvements than challenges and social media integration.

Agreed, they are now spamming us, even after all the money we paid.
(they simply want us to advertise FOR them).

It's not even the bugs I'm afraid of, its the diminished capabilities between March's firmware and the latest.

They should have given us what we were promised and then be done with it.
Make sure everything works as advertised, then let 3rd party apps increase the I1 capabilities.

Yes. I put a report in to DJI support. They asked me to take screenshots before and after I'd uploaded my latest flights to prove that I was actually uploading them, when I could show the level didn't move even after the upload, the support person replied that she was referring the problem higher up, then later got a message it had been fixed, and it had been.

You do have to upload your flights to make it work. Top right corner of the screen with all your flights listed is a little cloud image with a circular arrow in it. You have to select that and upload all your flights before the level works. They'll get you to screenshot before and after having done that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez