Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go App freezing

Reaction score
I've seen posts here and there about this happening but they were all pretty old threads and none that I saw actually seemed to have a solution.

I'm running the current version of all firmware and the current version of the DJI Go app on a Nexus 6P with Android 4.1.2. Yesterday, the video feed started breaking up real bad, the bird spun around 180 degrees on its own (weird...), then the app totally froze. Luckily I could see the bird pretty well, even though it was a fair bit away, and flew it back LoS. I had to land, manually kill the app, restart and take off again. I did not have another issue the rest of the day. (I flew another 3-4 flights after this.)

Then, today, I had the app completely freeze the device. Completely. I had to hard reboot the phone to revive it. Again, I landed the bird LoS but this is far from confidence inspiring...I'd even go as far as calling this extremely unnerving as, should this happen when I don't have strong enough LoS to fly the bird back manually, I'd have a bit of a situation on my hands.

Has anyone else had this happen lately? Has anyone found a solution? What devices seem to have the least issues? Reliability is EXTREMELY important to me.

If you need any more info (versions, logs, etc), let me know.

Thanks.

I've seen posts here and there about this happening but they were all pretty old threads and none that I saw actually seemed to have a solution.

I'm running the current version of all firmware and the current version of the DJI Go app on a Nexus 6P with Android 4.1.2. Yesterday, the video feed started breaking up real bad, the bird spun around 180 degrees on its own (weird...), then the app totally froze. Luckily I could see the bird pretty well, even though it was a fair bit away, and flew it back LoS. I had to land, manually kill the app, restart and take off again. I did not have another issue the rest of the day. (I flew another 3-4 flights after this.)

Then, today, I had the app completely freeze the device. Completely. I had to hard reboot the phone to revive it. Again, I landed the bird LoS but this is far from confidence inspiring...I'd even go as far as calling this extremely unnerving as, should this happen when I don't have strong enough LoS to fly the bird back manually, I'd have a bit of a situation on my hands.

Has anyone else had this happen lately? Has anyone found a solution? What devices seem to have the least issues? Reliability is EXTREMELY important to me.

If you need any more info (versions, logs, etc), let me know.

Thanks.
This is why always flying LOS is so important and why it is mandated in pretty much all counties UAV rules.

There are instances where if the app freezes, it can take a few seconds before the USB connection is 'released' which means there can be a delay before full control is reaquired.
In those circumstances the fastest way to get back full control is to manually break the USB connection (pull the plug out).

You are running a very old version of Android and although 4.1.2 is the oldest 'supported' version I would try another device/OS to be honest.

This is why always flying LOS is so important and why it is mandated in pretty much all counties UAV rules.

There are instances where if the app freezes, it can take a few seconds before the USB connection is 'released' which means there can be a delay before full control is reaquire doing.
In those circumstances the fastest way to get back full control is to manually break the USB connection (pull the plug out).

You are running a very old version of Android and although 4.1.2 is the oldest 'supported' version I would try another device/OS to be honest.

I know LoS is mandated and I know why. This is indeed an example of that.

If this happens again, I'll try yanking the cable out.

And, I fat-fingered that. I'm running 7.1.2...not 4.1.2. lol Jelly Bean ftw!! lolol

Thanks.

I know LoS is mandated and I know why. This is indeed an example of that.

If this happens again, I'll try yanking the cable out.

And, I fat-fingered that. I'm running 7.1.2...not 4.1.2. lol Jelly Bean ftw!! lolol

Thanks.
Ahhh, OK, thought v4.1.2 was a bit prehistoric :p

Reactions: Bryan Conover
But also, if you're using a phone, you're asking for trouble, buy an Nvidia K1 shield tablet.
I own not one, but 2 Nvidia Shield tablets... $500 mistake, purchasing 2 Ipad Mini 2 cleaned up all issues. For the last 2 years I have tried to salvage the purchase...no luck with the GO app that constantly updates.

I own not one, but 2 Nvidia Shield tablets... $500 mistake, purchasing 2 Ipad Mini 2 cleaned up all issues. For the last 2 years I have tried to salvage the purchase...no luck with the GO app that constantly updates.
Sounds like you wanna sell one of those Shields then...

Yeah, I barely use the GO app anoway, but I do need to grab an I device for some features.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08