Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI GO is a no go for iOS 11

Reaction score
Updated my iPad Air 2 to iOS 11, had to restart the app after every single picture. Finished the job took twice the time... Ugh..

Mine seems to work okay with iOS 11, at least on the P4 Standard I was using today with latest GO and its latest RC firmware 1.9.3. Shutter worked fine for still and video without the need to restart the app. I did do a re-link to the aircraft and full VPS with Assistant 2, RC sticks, IMU, and Compass calibration though after the update of iOS 11 and the new RC firmware though.

Haven't tried the I2 yet as its RC has been having random dropped connection issues for a month or two now. I'll await the next firmware for it.

Flew yesterday with latest Go4, IOS 11, IPad mini 4 and I2.

At first it took a few tries to connect, yet it remained connected throughout the flight. At about 1500 feet out at 200 feet AGL, noticed choppy video on the iPad. The good news is that there were no glitches on the actual Prores recording. There were also no CPU Full errors, but the air temp was in the 80s.

It appears that IOS 11 is not a problem. Reception while filming is still an issue. Airdata UAV review showed no issues or transmission errors despite the choppy video seen on the iPad.

This is only one flight, so I would still be cautious. Looking forward to a firmware update.

Hope this helps others

Barry

Reactions: CoC

At first it took a few tries to connect, yet it remained connected throughout the flight. At about 1500 feet out at 200 feet AGL, noticed choppy video on the iPad. The good news is that there were no glitches on the actual Prores recording. There were also no CPU Full errors, but the air temp was in the 80s.

It appears that IOS 11 is not a problem. Reception while filming is still an issue. Airdata UAV review showed no issues or transmission errors despite the choppy video seen on the iPad.

This is only one flight, so I would still be cautious. Looking forward to a firmware update.

Hope this helps others

Barry
So what is the purpose of flying 1500 feet out?

So what is the purpose of flying 1500 feet out?
Anyone using IOS11 with an Inspire 2 and an iPad?
I'm using the iOs 11 on an iPad pro with Inspire 2 craft. It seem to work fine ,but yesterday i've lost contact with the craft a warning DISCONNECTED appeared on the screen (1000 feet away 3500 in the air) I was afraid to loose the Inspire, so I tried the RTH ,it didn't work right away, but suddenly it started to return home safely after 30 seconds, I'm afraid to try it again.

I'm using the iOs 11 on an iPad pro with Inspire 2 craft. It seem to work fine ,but yesterday i've lost contact with the craft a warning DISCONNECTED appeared on the screen (1000 feet away 3500 in the air) I was afraid to loose the Inspire, so I tried the RTH ,it didn't work right away, but suddenly it started to return home safely after 30 seconds, I'm afraid to try it again.
Again, why the need to go bvlos?
Totally unnecessary, illegal and selfishly dangerous!

Reactions: CoC

Hope this helps others

Barry

Could be your mini got hot and the video broke up, and happens when the processor slows itself down to cool off. I suspect the mini's are hitting the "End-of-Life" as far as GO 4 keeps growing in processing demands. My Air 2 breaks up also and is no longer made, and it fails to connect on first starting up unless I unplug it and re-plug it back into the RC for some reason now too. Time for the Pro 9.7 A10X I guess.

I got some other bug where the RC will shut itself off and disconnect in flight where I've noticed the green LED goes off (As well as the blue focus handwheel LED too.) and the other white ones stay on. Have to reboot in flight. Firmware issue maybe, but I'm not pleased with the I2 reliability overall due to sundry flying issues, whereas my P4 acts and behaves better for some reason with same tablet. Dunno.

They made some changes to Go4 a few versions back, billed as improving the built in editor (bloat ware). It was around then that Go4 started to struggle a bit and hang when it lost focus/went to background and also started to sometimes needing the USB cable to be reinserted.

I.e., someone at Dji has mucked up with the software, rather than the iPad hardware being e-o-l'd :mad:

Wish they'd employ some good n proper programmers to sort things out!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds