Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI GO October 2016 glitch?

Reaction score
I almost crashed my Inspire 1 into a building while flying waypoints!!!
Let me explain.....
On the DJI go app PRIOR to the October 2016 upgrade, I was able to set my course using waypoints and fly these waypoints using the forward throttle stick. At the last waypoint at the end of the course, the aircraft would come to a full stop and hover and stay in hover position no matter how hard I pushed the forward throttle. I then could use the reverse throttle to bring the aircraft back and it would return using the waypoints in reverse. Again the aricraft would come to a hover and stay in a hover position at the first waypoint not matter how hard I would apply the reverse throttl. The wapoint program would stay active UNTIL I WOULD MANUALY EXIT the program.

Now after the October 2016 upgrade.....
I am still able to set my course using waypoints as I always did BUT NOW, when I fly my waypoints using the auto speed feature, the aircraft arrives at its last waypoint hovers and the program AUTOMATICALLY cancells out! That means that I have to bring back the aircraft in manual mode. I cannot return the aricraft using the reverse throttle and waypoints as I us to be able to do.

NOW THIS IS THE DANGEROUS PART>>>
I am still able to set my course using waypoints as I always did BUT, when I fly my waypoints using the forward throttle to control the speed, and when the aircraft arrives at its last waypoint IT HOVERS EVER SO BRIEFLY, the program AUTOMATICALLY cancells out AND THE AIRCRAFT CONTINUES IN A FORWARD MOTION UNTIL YOU RELEASE THE THROTTLE! iN THE OLD VERSION, NO MATTER HOW MUCH THROLLTLE YOU APLIED, WHEN THE ARICRAFT CAME TO THE LAST WAYPOINT, IT WOULD STOP AND HOVER. That means that I have to bring back the aircraft in manual mode. I cannot return the aricraft using the reverse throttle as I us to be able to do. I did not know if this change and almost ran my inspire into a building thiniking that it would stop and hover at the last waypoint

I tested all this in the simulator.

Frustrated.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk