Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go4 app V4.1.11 constantly crashing

Reaction score
Updated the DJI Go4 app to version 4.1.11 and now the app crashes every time I take a photograph or after about 1-2 minutes of flight.

Sometimes the app just crashes and a restart will get you going again, sometimes it will not reconnect with the I2 and needs to be landed and all equipment restarted to get going again.

I did two paid jobs yesterday and counted over 130 restarts in my logs!

I am running the app on a 9.7" iPad Pro with WiFi & Cellular and flying an Inspire 2 with X5S camera and all latest firmware.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Mine shuts down in flight, but it happens at the RC and not the iPad Air 2. Screen goes black and I see the green LED on the RC is off while others are on. Dunno, but this thing is flummoxed somewhere. I have the focus handwheel 1 installed too and its blue LED goes off too. Related maybe to the focus handwheel? I have to unplug the iPad and replug it too each times it starts up as well otherwise it stays Disconnected until the re-plug.

Haven't tried the Dumblerdore rollback approach yet to get back to a prior version, or if it will work on the RC itself. Not really happy with this bird overall. My older P4 is far more reliable and doesn't randomly shut off as does the I2, although it does the shake and shimmy thing in flight as do others using the same iPad Air 2. The shutdown seems related to the I2 RC for some reason for me.

Instead of cheap Chinese made crap, more like expensive Chinese made crap. Not happy at all, and zero faith in the gear.

I had the same problem. Tried everything. Then I deleted the Go 4 app from IPad 4 Then reinstalled it. Works perfectly now.

It looks like that has worked for me too.

Two flights today without any issues, fingers crossed it stays that way.

Updated to 4.1.11 a couple of days back and had problems with it constantly crashing. Deleted the app in the field and redownloaded V4.1.10 from the app store there n then which fixed the crashes. Updated to 4.1.12 yesterday and in testing so far it's been OK. That's on an iPad Air 2 with iOS 10.whatever - leaving iOS11 for a couple of dot versions till it settles in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez