Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go4 Editor

Reaction score
Hello, I just finished a job taking over 1000 photos and unfortunately the microSD card was damaged and it is now unreadable. I noticed that the photos show up on the go4 editor but they will not download? I get download failure notifications and I was wondering if any of you know how I could get them to my PC or tablet. I see no option to download them to a device...only social media sharing to a few sites?

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave – Sorry to hear about the troubles. I believe (but am not 100% positive) that the files you will see within the editor are a low-res version. May I ask how you believe the microSD was damaged? When you say unreadable, are you getting a "File corrupt" error message when you open the files?

I've used different file repair programs on Mac but can't name a particular program as it really hasn't been a common need ever. There's the DJI File Repair Tool (Repairing Corrupt DJI Video Files) which is primarily used when you do not stop your video recording before powering off the drone. I don't think this would be helpful in your situation with these files.

Curious to hear what errors you are receiving when trying to open the files and hopefully we can further assist from there. I don't believe trying to download from DJI Editor is your best option, best to get the files directly from the SD if you can.

If you do not select "Auto Clear" cache proxy.
Perhaps you can try to transfer from the DJI GO 4 App. Reinsert your sd into Inspire.
Click Editor > Album > Photos and select a photo. Click > Download Photo (original).
Some times, reader must be same as writer.

Try to extract photo from DJI GO 4, connect device to computer and search for files "*.jpg" ?
> Computer > Device > sd Card or Tablet > Tablet > Android > Data > Dji Pilot > Cache

Last edited:
Hi Dave – Sorry to hear about the troubles. I believe (but am not 100% positive) that the files you will see within the editor are a low-res version. May I ask how you believe the microSD was damaged? When you say unreadable, are you getting a "File corrupt" error message when you open the files?

I've used different file repair programs on Mac but can't name a particular program as it really hasn't been a common need ever. There's the DJI File Repair Tool (Repairing Corrupt DJI Video Files) which is primarily used when you do not stop your video recording before powering off the drone. I don't think this would be helpful in your situation with these files.

Curious to hear what errors you are receiving when trying to open the files and hopefully we can further assist from there. I don't believe trying to download from DJI Editor is your best option, best to get the files directly from the SD if you can.

Thanks for the replies. When I removed the card from my Inspire 2 to insert into the SD adapter, I dropped the card and it landed sideways under my foot while I was walking. **** thing snapped in half and the card is toast now. It looks like the files in editor can be shared with social media sites, but it will be a pain to share each one to a site like Facebook and then have to download each from there. Over a thousand photos will take a LONG time. Thanks again for the replies.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez