Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI goggles

Yes, you most definitely can. Head Tracking is also now supported on the I2. Feel free to reach out with any further questions you may have. We also have DJI Goggles in stock and ready to ship.

Head tracking is supported but not the ability to use an external viewing device like an iPad right? If I remember correctly it was either goggles or a tablet to view, not both. I have the goggles but haven't tried them yet with my I2. They are fine with my Mavic.

Reactions: mighty Eagle
Head tracking is supported but not the ability to use an external viewing device like an iPad right? If I remember correctly it was either goggles or a tablet to view, not both. I have the goggles but haven't tried them yet with my I2. They are fine with my Mavic.

Correct, either Goggles or GO App running on iPad or CrystalSky.

I received and tested DJI Goggles with my Inspire 2 today. I have the latest updates on every component. Head Tracking only works for gimbal pitch. That's it and it's inconsistent.

On the few times I could get gimbal pitch to work, I was unable to control heading, even with the left stick.

I was able to fly with live view and it was really fun, but that's all you get.

The manual I downloaded says it supports Head Tracking if connected via USB. So the only functionality beyond Live View is Focus with the Function button on the goggles.

But here is the worse thing. You can't focus the goggles. If you wear glasses you won't be able to see a crisp display unless you get "reader glasses" from the drug store. You have to get readers that focus clearly at 10". So, when you flip the goggles up, you can't see anything clearly because you have magnifiers on.

I saw a post where a user suggested buying readers that combined with your glasses gave you the 10" focus and snap the lenses out of the readers frames and tape them over the goggles eyepieces. Then when you flip the goggles up you can see. Problem is, because I tried this technique, is that the view is vignetteted on the sides and you are now viewing your expensive displays through two pairs of glasses. This is laughable to be honest.

I'm and industrial designer and a professional photographer (yea, I know, weird combination) and the goggles, while having a stellar display, are poorly implemented. Lack of focusing is the most damaging.

Forgot to mention, I could not overcome a 50m distance and height limit.

Last edited:
Reactions: slim.slamma
There are other posts about the flight limit but if you connect to the controller with your tablet or phone and then unplug and immediately plug in the goggles you will be unlocked.

Still can't get the HDMI cable to work. I can only get feed with USB. And, head tracking does not work at all.

Now, having said all of that, flying with the goggles on, even with limited features, is really amazing.

Still can't get the HDMI cable to work. I can only get feed with USB. And, head tracking does not work at all.

In the video transmission settings within the DJI GO4 App you may have to adjust your HDMI out settings. If I recall there is a setting to enable HDMI out but am not 100% positive and don't have an aircraft in front of me at the moment to confirm.

In the video transmission settings within the DJI GO4 App you may have to adjust your HDMI out settings. If I recall there is a setting to enable HDMI out but am not 100% positive and don't have an aircraft in front of me at the moment to confirm.
Yea, I enabled and disabled and re-enabled HDMI in the Inspire2 settings. That didn't solve it. If you figure it out in the next few days I'd love to hear how you get it working.

Correct, either Goggles or GO App running on iPad or CrystalSky.

so i just got a pair of goggles....correct me if i am wrong....

1. to get proper functionality of the goggles, they have to be plugged into the usb port of the RC....but you need to have either an ipad/iphone/andorid/crystal sky attached to the RC in order for the I2 to fly beyond 50 m....so you have to boot up the RC with the ipad/iphone/etc. and then quickly unplug it and plug in the goggles?

2. is it possible to have the ipad/iphone/etc. plugged into the RC and use the micro-usb port next to it to have both functional? i have yet to get a micro-usb OTG cable to try it out.

3. otherwise we are stuck using the hdmi out port on the RC and just use the goggles as a secondary hdmi monitor?

if we can't do option 2, then does anyone want to purchase a DJI Goggles RE that i just received for christmas for a good deal?

Yea, I enabled and disabled and re-enabled HDMI in the Inspire2 settings. That didn't solve it. If you figure it out in the next few days I'd love to hear how you get it working.

Mine seem to freak out when my camera is in “still” picture mode. Everything starts working right when I flip over to “video” mode.

Some resolution conflict for me i believe.

Mine seem to freak out when my camera is in “still” picture mode. Everything starts working right when I flip over to “video” mode.

Some resolution conflict for me i believe.

I have reported back some of the odd behavior with he I2 and the Goggles.

so i just got a pair of goggles....correct me if i am wrong....

1. to get proper functionality of the goggles, they have to be plugged into the usb port of the RC....but you need to have either an ipad/iphone/andorid/crystal sky attached to the RC in order for the I2 to fly beyond 50 m....so you have to boot up the RC with the ipad/iphone/etc. and then quickly unplug it and plug in the goggles?

2. is it possible to have the ipad/iphone/etc. plugged into the RC and use the micro-usb port next to it to have both functional? i have yet to get a micro-usb OTG cable to try it out.

3. otherwise we are stuck using the hdmi out port on the RC and just use the goggles as a secondary hdmi monitor?

if we can't do option 2, then does anyone want to purchase a DJI Goggles RE that i just received for christmas for a good deal?

1: To lift the restriction you should simple need to start up with the tablet then switch to the goggles after take off.

2: No you can only have 1 use device attached at a time.

3: Yes one option if you don’t want head tracking

This setup has been the case since day one with he original goggles and is listed in the Manual, you simply can not have 2 devices connected at the same time on USB .

I don't think it's bait-n-switch. Unlike the Mavic, the Inspire cannot display on both the goggles and a device. The device provides the unlock of the Safe Flight Zone. Once the craft is unlocked for that, connect the goggles and the flight restrictions, being persistent, propagate.

Maybe we'll get an Inspire firmware update so that it behaves more like the Mavic.

Working any better for you?
I've been flying my Mavic Platinum almost exclusively since I did a camera test and found that the Mavics camera shoots an image that is nearly identical to the X4S image. I did I miss an Inspire update that added some goggle features? The goggles already worked nicely for me with the Inspire 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah