Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire 1 downlink issue after upgrade

Reaction score
First post here so bear with me.
I have an Inspire 1 that is just over 1 year old. Very little hours. Worked just fined until a few weeks ago. As you all probably know, not the easiest product to update. Every firmware upgrade has been painful.
Prior to the last and most current upgrade, everything worked great. After update, I had no video downlink transmission. Hours of customer service calls with DJI. Ran logs. Finally said send it in. Now a month later and got an invoice for $650. Main board on drone and on the camera. Appealed but all I was told is that I'm out of warranty. So frustrating that I had perfectly working bird prior to upgrade and now $650. Never going to upgrade firmware again. I checked some of the forums out there and plenty of chatter about upgrades overheating and frying the boards. They wouldn't even acknowledge. Anybody else have this experience?
Thanks for listening.

First post here so bear with me.
I have an Inspire 1 that is just over 1 year old. Very little hours. Worked just fined until a few weeks ago. As you all probably know, not the easiest product to update. Every firmware upgrade has been painful.
Prior to the last and most current upgrade, everything worked great. After update, I had no video downlink transmission. Hours of customer service calls with DJI. Ran logs. Finally said send it in. Now a month later and got an invoice for $650. Main board on drone and on the camera. Appealed but all I was told is that I'm out of warranty. So frustrating that I had perfectly working bird prior to upgrade and now $650. Never going to upgrade firmware again. I checked some of the forums out there and plenty of chatter about upgrades overheating and frying the boards. They wouldn't even acknowledge. Anybody else have this experience?
Thanks for listening.
Same thing. Inspire 1 stopped downlinking video after about a two-week stay in its crate. I made the mistake of sending it to DJI in Carson, CA, for evaluation and repair. Now they want $400 to "fix" it. No explanation of what the problem is. I'm beginning to wish I'd never heard of DJI before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry