Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire 1 Tracker/Finder for lost Drones

Reaction score
As a new flyer since Jan 2016 hoping some of you might tell me is there a tracker/finder available to track lost inspire 1. I am nervous as I had a little flyaway & damage experience last week.

Thank you.

tk102 ebay at least for UK. Sure they have similar stuff elsewhere.
pop a PAYG sim in there, if lost, ring the number of the sim, it texts you a link to its location on google earth.

Don't forget, if something bad happens, trying sticking it into atti mode first to see if that does anything.

P.S.

Be aware if you flying in location where that sim has no coverage, you will not get a text back, so its worth checking the area has reception for that sim, just buy a cheap PAYG phone with the same vendor sim and check the area out if it rural etc.

Lastly if you can afford it, consider buying a cheap phantom drone as a backup for searching and rescue. Amazing bits of kit....

I miss my phantom. I will buy one when I have some more money, right now I'm skint thanks to the inspire 1 pro, which is not so pro afterall.

Last edited:
tk102 ebay at least for UK. Sure they have similar stuff elsewhere.
pop a PAYG sim in there, if lost, ring the number of the sim, it texts you a link to its location on google earth.

Don't forget, if something bad happens, trying sticking it into atti mode first to see if that does anything.

P.S.

Be aware if you flying in location where that sim has no coverage, you will not get a text back, so its worth checking the area has reception for that sim, just buy a cheap PAYG phone with the same vendor sim and check the area out if it rural etc.

Lastly if you can afford it, consider buying a cheap phantom drone as a backup for searching and rescue. Amazing bits of kit....

I miss my phantom. I will buy one when I have some more money, right now I'm skint thanks to the inspire 1 pro, which is not so pro afterall.
Thank you very much for all your helpful information.

I use these... a repurposed dog tracking item... the Marco Polo system...

Marco Polo RC Model Recovery System - Pet Tracking Made Easy | Marco Polo The Pet Tracking System

Have one on each drone (Velcro) and the tracker is stowed in with my stuff (if needed)...
Turning it on and verifying on is part of my daily preflight... off on my end of day list...
I have tested it to 1/4 mile away... thrown in the weeds... it works... good enough for me...
No cell phone plan... stand alone... battery life is well beyond expectations...
The App map gives you a starting point to start from... if you crash...
Use this to find it in the weeds... or stuck up a tall tree... as one user on here had happen... :eek:

U-tube review... one of many if you seach... suggest buy direct from the above link...

Every flyaway event I have had was stopped in it's tracks by switching to ATTI mode...
Suggest you practice this till it's second nature when things go weird...
Just my 2 cents on topic... ;)

Last edited:
I use these... a repurposed dog tracking item... the Marco Polo system...

Marco Polo RC Model Recovery System - Pet Tracking Made Easy | Marco Polo The Pet Tracking System

Have one on each drone (Velcro) and the tracker is stowed in with my stuff (if needed)...
Turning it on and verifying on is part of my daily preflight... off on my end of day list...
I have tested it to 1/4 mile away... thrown in the weeds... it works... good enough for me...
No cell phone plan... stand alone... battery life is well beyond expectations...
The App map gives you a starting point to start from... if you crash...
Use this to find it in the weeds... or stuck up a tall tree... as one user on here had happen... :eek:

U-tube review... one of many if you seach... suggest buy direct from the above link...

Every flyaway event I have had was stopped in it's tracks by switching to ATTI mode...
Suggest you practice this till it's second nature when things go weird...
Just my 2 cents on topic... ;)
Thank you very much John..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell