Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire 1 Wifi

Reaction score
DJI Inspire 1 Wifi,
As you probably know by now I am relatively new comer to flying & has experienced of one crash, (Hopefully no more) costly affair.. as I am just learning & this may show I am really stupid I am finding it difficult to understand the workings of Wifi when out in the open grounds of our wild country lands (Ireland) where someplaces wifi don't exist not even in the business around.

GPS is keeping me in the air, where does wifi come into this please.My apple iPad air (cheap one) lets me see where I am videoing etc,surely wifi is somewhere keeping me viewing my screen while in the air.

If you can explain 'Baby Steps' please I would be very grateful & obliged.

Thank you,

DJI Inspire 1 Wifi,
As you probably know by now I am relatively new comer to flying & has experienced of one crash, (Hopefully no more) costly affair.. as I am just learning & this may show I am really stupid I am finding it difficult to understand the workings of Wifi when out in the open grounds of our wild country lands (Ireland) where someplaces wifi don't exist not even in the business around.

GPS is keeping me in the air, where does wifi come into this please.My apple iPad air (cheap one) lets me see where I am videoing etc,surely wifi is somewhere keeping me viewing my screen while in the air.

Thank you,
Hi PressMan,
WiFi doesn't really come into the envelope at at all really.
Your control link from your remote to your Inspire is a proprietary 2.4ghz Frequency hopping spread spectrum transmission - this is what 'talks' to your aircraft and sends the move commands when you move the sticks. There is then telemetry and video data that is sent back to the remote from the Inspire and again this is sent over a 2.4ghz link but encoded to DJI's on specification.
Your tablet is connected to your remote via USB so no wifi there.
The only anomaly would be that for two remote set ups there is a tethered link between the two remotes that operates on 5.8ghz but this is only for sending camera commands to the master remote which than relays them (via the 2.4 link mentioned above) to the Inspire.
Hope that helps

Reactions: Terry Lowe
DJI Inspire 1 Wifi,

Thank you,
Hi PressMan

The GPS signal is used in P-GPS to stabilise the aircraft in flight. The Inspire 1 uses the 2.4GHz frequency band to send the command and control (C2) signals from the RC to the aircraft and downlink the telemetry and video. The 2.4GHz is a common 'public' band also used by a wide range of equipment including wifi and vehicle keys. If you are within range of a wifi hub you can connect your iPad to the internet for updating the GO app satellite map in real time. There is therefore a possible risk of interference between the iPad wifi link and the C2 link. You can see this on the signal strength page in the App - noisy channels are shown in red.

Hi PressMan

The GPS signal is used in P-GPS to stabilise the aircraft in flight. The Inspire 1 uses the 2.4GHz frequency band to send the command and control (C2) signals from the RC to the aircraft and downlink the telemetry and video. The 2.4GHz is a common 'public' band also used by a wide range of equipment including wifi and vehicle keys. If you are within range of a wifi hub you can connect your iPad to the internet for updating the GO app satellite map in real time. There is therefore a possible risk of interference between the iPad wifi link and the C2 link. You can see this on the signal strength page in the App - noisy channels are shown in red.

Thank you so much.
Hi PressMan

Hi PressMan,
WiFi doesn't really come into the envelope at at all really.
Your control link from your remote to your Inspire is a proprietary 2.4ghz Frequency hopping spread spectrum transmission - this is what 'talks' to your aircraft and sends the move commands when you move the sticks. There is then telemetry and video data that is sent back to the remote from the Inspire and again this is sent over a 2.4ghz link but encoded to DJI's on specification.
Your tablet is connected to your remote via USB so no wifi there.
The only anomaly would be that for two remote set ups there is a tethered link between the two remotes that operates on 5.8ghz but this is only for sending camera commands to the master remote which than relays them (via the 2.4 link mentioned above) to the Inspire.
Hope that helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG