Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire 2 camera control with VR headset and Litchi app

What's the screen/tablet used to pilot the aircraft in this video? Looks massive!

A new (March 20, 2017) Litchi update:
WHAT'S NEW
- due to a bug in the DJI firmware, Follow, Focus, Track and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking modes are no longer usable with the following drone models and firmware versions: Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418). If you are using one of these firmware versions and wish to continue using these flight modes, either downgrade to a previous firmware version using the DJI Assistant 2 or wait for DJI to release a new firmware that will fix this bug

I hope DJI will fix the firmware in nearest feature.

A new (April 12, 2017) Litchi update:
DJI Firmware Update Issue Dear Litchi Pilots,
The new DJI firmware updates for and fixed the issue introduced in the previous firmware versions which would cause erratic behavior in some of Litchi's flight modes. All of Litchi's flight modes are safe to use again with the latest firmware version for the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro. The issue still exists in the current firmware for the Inspire 2.
The Litchi Team

A new (April 12, 2017) Litchi update:
DJI Firmware Update Issue Dear Litchi Pilots,
The new DJI firmware updates for and fixed the issue introduced in the previous firmware versions which would cause erratic behavior in some of Litchi's flight modes. All of Litchi's flight modes are safe to use again with the latest firmware version for the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro. The issue still exists in the current firmware for the Inspire 2.
The Litchi Team

I'm curious if this setup has improved as I really want this dual controller setup with one person as VR drone "passenger" and one as drone pilot. I tried with Inspire 2, dual controllers, and DJI Goggles and it (so far) has been fruitless. First DJI said it was supported, then not supported:

DJI Goggles User Manual, v1.0 2017.04, page 11 text:
"For Inspire 2 aircraft, head tracking is also supported but only if the Goggles are connected with the
remote controller via USB."

DJI Goggles User Manual, v1.0 2017.05, page 11 footnote:
"For the Inspire 2, if the Goggles are connected with the remote controller via the USB cable, only live view and somatic control of the focus is supported."

I'm curious if this setup has improved as I really want this dual controller setup with one person as VR drone "passenger" and one as drone pilot. I tried with Inspire 2, dual controllers, and DJI Goggles and it (so far) has been fruitless. First DJI said it was supported, then not supported:

DJI Goggles User Manual, v1.0 2017.04, page 11 text:
"For Inspire 2 aircraft, head tracking is also supported but only if the Goggles are connected with the
remote controller via USB."

DJI Goggles User Manual, v1.0 2017.05, page 11 footnote:
"For the Inspire 2, if the Goggles are connected with the remote controller via the USB cable, only live view and somatic control of the focus is supported."
DJI wants to sell their dji googles. This is why they are blocking all other ways to use 3rd party vr sets...
The only way I see is to downgrade I2 firmware to one before version 240.
I'm still looking for that firmware. I have 330 at this moment and Litchi is crashing every few minutes with VR headset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanV875