Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI M200 Series Grounded

Correct. This is a classic case of over reaction and people not reading the bulletins/advisory notice.

Nothing has been grounded officially.
The UK CAA has issued an advisory notice cautioning people of an issue with some batteries. There is no mandatory grounding or otherwise.
It states that due diligence should be used whether to make flight(s) or not.
It also temporarily removes any OSC permissions over and above standard stand off distances.

Some police departments have self elected to ground their aircraft until the issue is sorted but this is their decision and doesn't come from any regulative body.

Interestingly (for me), DJI are advising not to fly by percentage but by voltage and to monitor cell voltage during flight - something I have advocated and tried to hammer home to people for a number of years!

My bad for spreading negative news guys:mad:

Deep down I knew this had to be pilot error ;)
It's not pilot error buddy.
There is a firmware problem with TB50's causing sudden drop/shut down in certain circumstances.

CAA has simply advised caution and rescinded any permissions for overhead flight or closer than 50m at present pending resolution of the issue. (Which will be quick).

It's not pilot error buddy.
There is a firmware problem with TB50's causing sudden drop/shut down in certain circumstances.

Excuses shouldn’t be tolerated Under the circumstances Sir

I guarantee this accident would’ve never happen if you were the PIC and you ain’t perfect.

Prior preparation prevents piss poor performance
Therefore it’s pilot error

The packs were probably sitting in a storage room for days

Correct. This is a classic case of over reaction and people not reading the bulletins/advisory notice.

Nothing has been grounded officially.
The UK CAA has issued an advisory notice cautioning people of an issue with some batteries. There is no mandatory grounding or otherwise.
It states that due diligence should be used whether to make flight(s) or not.
It also temporarily removes any OSC permissions over and above standard stand off distances.

Some police departments have self elected to ground their aircraft until the issue is sorted but this is their decision and doesn't come from any regulative body.

Interestingly (for me), DJI are advising not to fly by percentage but by voltage and to monitor cell voltage during flight - something I have advocated and tried to hammer home to people for a number of years!

The updated 31 October notice has increased the limitations and the advisement to limit flights, Sec 2.1 adds to previous advisement or limitations. Small Unmanned Aircraft DJI Battery TB50 and TB55 In-Flight Power Failures - sUAS News - The Business of Drones. If a damage incident was to occur with this notice issued, it'd be a legal beating for the sUAV company.

Heads up

DJI packs are Smart but they ain’t idiot proof

Store packs @50% and fully charge shortly before flight. Charging packs the lazy way like days In advance could become problematic. False percentage readings.

Dji dual battery systemsss is just that at best

Extended flight time yes, redundancy No.
They missed the point

I got more faith in the Forums i1 Batt Mod
Dji added a pack instead of a spare 3v cell for emergencies

Dji dual battery systemsss is just that at best

Extended flight time yes, redundancy No.
They missed the point

I got more faith in the Forums i1 Batt Mod
Dji added a pack instead of a spare 3v cell for emergencies
Appears there's FW to work out... or restore back to an original design operation. True, can't take off with 1, but in flight it was configured system could loose a battery.. 1 on I2 & M210 and I believe 2 on M600Pro.

The forums I1 bat mod(s) are an interesting pair of projects that under certain conditions have benefit, but not sure that's an ideal config for various aerodynamics and weight on payload. The I1 voltage all feeds to one terminal, the I2 & M210 feeds to 2 terminals & circuits designed for two... and hopeful with FW corrections will function correct... again.

I personally find it interesting that this issue has drawn this level of attention based a very limited incident ratio "compared" to the I2 motor adhesive, motor turning or falling off causing multiple recorded incidents. That barely hit the chatter meters and it was enough to stimulate 3rd party to develope various braces... and to my knowledge hasn't been addressed/corrected. The level of incident higher, the ability to identify, and the span of time for 3rd party development. Still no issue of notice.

Reactions: slim.slamma

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kajal142