Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Minority Partner in Hasselblad...

Reaction score
Hey, I just thought I would toss this out there today in the News area, I hope.

It appears that DJI holds a minority stake in Hasselblad. Kevin Raber (photog extraordinaire) wrote an article about it, and Tony Northrup (and Chelsea) talked about it in their LIVE YouTube show.

T&C's Youtube Link to this subject:

I am a Hasselblad fan (No, I don't have the X1D, but I WANT one, lol). This would make for a GREAT future in aerial photography. Hasselblad has the AD6-100C Aerial Cam already on the market, and wouldn't you know it...it is reported to fit DJI drones best, lol!

I know I would be stoked to be able to use a Hasselblad on my Inspire! Hopefully more great things to come in digital aerials with this apparent partnership.

NOTE: To you Hasselblad purists that hate the idea of going digital, well, it's here, lol. And I, for one, am glad that a company of that quality is embracing the digital age. Sorry if it hurts your feelings...I didn't do it, lol.

Yeah this was reported a couple of years back
DJI buys a minority stake in camera company Hasselblad
Will be interesting to see where it leads but of course Hasselblad has never been known for its expertise in the video arena which has always (and still is) dominated by the likes of Sony, Arri etc
I agree. It would be interesting to see what they do in this media arena. I really like Hasselblad's older film SLRs, and this new mirrorless D-Cam may be a game changer. Still, how it will affect aerial photog/vid remains to be seen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb