Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji Pilot App 1.0.2 For Apple

Reaction score
Since I updated my Air 2 to 1.0.3 I've had nothing but problems.
The app either restarts or it just disappears. And that's the smallest issue... The biggest problem is it somehow makes the Air 2 reboot. Now this is really freaky when your I1 is over a kilometer away. After about 5 reboots and a few times reinstalling the app, I decided that the Air 2's hardware or software was the problem. So I returned it and I got a new one and on the very first flight, yep, it rebooted again. Now, I'm either really unlucky and I got another faulty Air 2 or the Dji pilot app is causing the reboots. I even took the air 2 to the apple shop and of course, they couldn't fault it.

Can someone please provide me with version 1.0.2 as I never had one issue with this version. Now the only problem with this request is that I won't be able to install it on my Air 2 without the itunes account details as the app will be binded to the itunes account that it was downloaded on.
I recently received 1.0.2 from one of our helpful members here on the forum but I couldn't install it as it was binded to his account.

Please help!

Dang, that draws in large quantities of air (sucks). Wish I had a copy of 1.0.2 to give you.

That's odd. I have the iPad Air 2 and didn't run into any issues. I realize that doesn't help, bit just saying... This is one of the example I was telling you about. I have know idea what to offer in the way of advice. :(

Might the file have gotten corrupted somewhere along the way? Don't mean to insult your intelligence, but did you try re-downloading another copy of the app and installing that?

Turn off hardware decoding and the reboots will stop. This has affected all versions of the Pilot app on the Air 2 and it's apparently an issue with the hardware decoder Apple is using on the Air 2. The Air 1, Mini 2 and Mini 3 don't have this issue.
I suspect that with the earlier version you wither had hardware decoding turned off in the app or you just got lucky.

Turn off hardware decoding and the reboots will stop. This has affected all versions of the Pilot app on the Air 2 and it's apparently an issue with the hardware decoder Apple is using on the Air 2. The Air 1, Mini 2 and Mini 3 don't have this issue.
I suspect that with the earlier version you wither had hardware decoding turned off in the app or you just got lucky.

Mine's never been turn on because I don't know what it does.

Mine's never been turn on because I don't know what it does.

It makes the video much, much smoother but at the expense of causing the Air 2 to re-boot from time to time. As I say, this is only on the Air 2. Hardware decoding works fine on the Air 1, Mini 2 and Mini 3.

Dang, that draws in large quantities of air (sucks). Wish I had a copy of 1.0.2 to give you.

That's odd. I have the iPad Air 2 and didn't run into any issues. I realize that doesn't help, bit just saying... This is one of the example I was telling you about. I have know idea what to offer in the way of advice. :(

Might the file have gotten corrupted somewhere along the way? Don't mean to insult your intelligence, but did you try re-downloading another copy of the app and installing that?
I've tried re - downloading the app but to no avail. Thanks though :)
I've never tried flying without hardware decode. I'll disable it and test it out. Thanks man.

The other issue I have with this current version which I forgot to mention above is, I can no longer get the bird to fly further than 1.6 km without getting a weak rc warning then ultimately RTH kicks in. Never had this problem with 1.0.2
I even addressed this issue with dji 24/7 and as always "this is the first we've heard of this issue sir"
*facepalms*

Since I updated my Air 2 to 1.0.3 I've had nothing but problems.
The app either restarts or it just disappears. And that's the smallest issue... The biggest problem is it somehow makes the Air 2 reboot. Now this is really freaky when your I1 is over a kilometer away. After about 5 reboots and a few times reinstalling the app, I decided that the Air 2's hardware or software was the problem. So I returned it and I got a new one and on the very first flight, yep, it rebooted again. Now, I'm either really unlucky and I got another faulty Air 2 or the Dji pilot app is causing the reboots. I even took the air 2 to the apple shop and of course, they couldn't fault it.

Can someone please provide me with version 1.0.2 as I never had one issue with this version. Now the only problem with this request is that I won't be able to install it on my Air 2 without the itunes account details as the app will be binded to the itunes account that it was downloaded on.
I recently received 1.0.2 from one of our helpful members here on the forum but I couldn't install it as it was binded to his account.

Please help!
im sure it doesnt help but im on the air 2 and have never had it restart on me with newest app. i find the new app and firmware works great way better then the old app and firmware..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions