Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK DJI Restricted Zone

Reaction score
hi all,

We've just turned up to film a charity track day at an RAF station and for the first time ever I've got the restricted zone message. We've filmed before on behalf of the RAF and at other active airfields and have never had a problem. Anyone know if there's a work round or are we stuck? I understand the logic behind it and fully agree with it, however if you're a professional company that has been booked by the airfield owners there should be some way of disabling it. Extremely frustrating. Any help is appreciated

I am really surprised you did not check for restricted zone as part of your Ops manual presite survey.

Contact DJI, I think its [email protected] with all your credentials and airfield permission letter etc. The will send you a special time limited GO app without the restrictions. It's not an instant process though. I have never done this BTW so others may correct me.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

I am really surprised you did not check for restricted zone as part of your Ops manual presite survey.

Contact DJI, I think its [email protected] with all your credentials and airfield permission letter etc. The will send you a special time limited GO app without the restrictions. It's not an instant process though. I have never done this BTW so others may correct me.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified
We didn't check it because we work here and have operated on numerous occasions without a problem. It appears this time however something has changed in the software. I'll email DJI and see what they say. Thanks anyway

Its simple enough, caught me out recently in Woolwich opposite the City airport..

DJI GEO System - Unlock Areas For Authorized Access

There are two sites to look at. The one above allows you to unlock for three days after you put your CC details into the site. When you arrive, the craft props will shudder and you'll get a message on screen, telling you that you are in a warning zone and asking you to confirm by ticking boxes that you take responsibility. Then you are good to fly.

The other site, shows the areas where you cannot use waypoints, basically the same map, but the hot zones are much bigger. Got me worried initially, I thought the zone had expanded!

If you need to fly in a Red Zone, you will need to send information to DJI giving copies of authorisation and so forth., Then they will send will then send you a special version of the Go App, which I believe is time limited to your needs.

I've just double checked the woolwich site we flew a couple of weeks ago and the zone size has changed! Something to keep an eye on.

Best of luck...

Hugh

Reactions: IrishSights

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc