Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI slowed it up, per new soecs

Slowed what up? Care to expand?

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Dear DJI Customers:

We recently announced the Inspire 2, a ready-to-fly aerial platform for high-end filmmaking and video creators. At launch, we said the Inspire 2 is expected to accelerate to 80 kmph in 4 seconds and reach a top speed of 108 kmph.

After further optimization and testing of various components of the craft, camera gimbal and propulsion system, our engineers have revised those specifications. The Inspire 2 is now expected to accelerate to 80 kmph in 5 seconds and reach a top speed of 94 kmph. These changes are necessary to ensure speed does not compromise video quality and stability.

We believe the Inspire 2 is the world’s most powerful and versatile aerial platform for professional filmmakers and content creators. However, we realize this small change in specifications may be significant to those who want to push their visions to the limit. Any customers who have pre-ordered an Inspire 2 but no longer wish to purchase one will be able to request a full refund from DJI and its authorized resellers. We will email all Inspire 2 customers to make them aware of this change and the refund process.

Sincerely,

DJI

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dear DJI Customers:

We recently announced the Inspire 2, a ready-to-fly aerial platform for high-end filmmaking and video creators. At launch, we said the Inspire 2 is expected to accelerate to 80 kmph in 4 seconds and reach a top speed of 108 kmph.

After further optimization and testing of various components of the craft, camera gimbal and propulsion system, our engineers have revised those specifications. The Inspire 2 is now expected to accelerate to 80 kmph in 5 seconds and reach a top speed of 94 kmph. These changes are necessary to ensure speed does not compromise video quality and stability.

We believe the Inspire 2 is the world’s most powerful and versatile aerial platform for professional filmmakers and content creators. However, we realize this small change in specifications may be significant to those who want to push their visions to the limit. Any customers who have pre-ordered an Inspire 2 but no longer wish to purchase one will be able to request a full refund from DJI and its authorized resellers. We will email all Inspire 2 customers to make them aware of this change and the refund process.

Sincerely,

DJI

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

holy crap... (sorry)
well 90 is still better than 70 or less... i did 95 which according to dji go eas my fastest... so with some back wind and luck i will be able to go after those ralley cars after all :D

edit: i am talking about km/h not mp/h...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
With good tail wind my Inspire 1 will fly faster than 58mph, Go says top speed is 107mph, but that has to be error. Reducing speed by about 10 mph could be deal breaker for some… but not for me

Last edited:
Reactions: madgadget
TBO. Six miles per hour is not a deal breaker at all. Most speed shots are under 55, so I am all good. Now lets ship this thing. Ready for my Christmas gift to arrive. ;-)

Reactions: crashburn
it's 9 mph slower, that's quite a difference and disappointing for me. I was looking forward to being able to record a car doing 60mph and still have some speed to spare :(

Reactions: Phatzo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08