Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Statement On IS IED Attacks with DRones

Touchy Touchy :)

The bottom line is, knives and many other innocent items have been used to INFINITELY worse effect than drones.
Do we go around banning all knives, forks, cars, motorbikes and pretty much every animate object because of a few bad eggs?

At the same time, it puzzles me why DJI put such HUGE range on their drones, the latest MAVIC has a 7km range, that's pretty amazing, but think how unaccountable it can make someone who wants to strap a stick of explosives to it, and fly it over a power station and then detonate it with a phone?

Unlike a lot of the above items, these things could allow you quite easily to get away with murder.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. All I know is, we need to make sure we build up as many positive uses in this industry as possible or we will be much easier to take down with draconian laws.

I can;t ever imagine my life without having some kind of flying camera in it now, its literally changed how I interact with the world and I'm not going back because of some goat humpers in the dessert with mental issues and a draconian GVT looking for easy fixes for problems they helped to create.

Well it was just a matter of time before someone did this. A few pounds of HE with shrapnel could do some damage but being limited to just a few pounds will put an upper limit in the carnage they can do with them.

I guess the question is: is this a cheaper method of delivery of a few pounds of explosive than other means -- I think not. But, this is the kind of stunt that is designed to get media attention and on that score it was a huge success.

Brian

Touchy Touchy :)

The bottom line is, knives and many other innocent items have been used to INFINITELY worse effect than drones.
Do we go around banning all knives, forks, cars, motorbikes and pretty much every animate object because of a few bad eggs?

At the same time, it puzzles me why DJI put such HUGE range on their drones, the latest MAVIC has a 7km range, that's pretty amazing, but think how unaccountable it can make someone who wants to strap a stick of explosives to it, and fly it over a power station and then detonate it with a phone?

Unlike a lot of the above items, these things could allow you quite easily to get away with murder.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. All I know is, we need to make sure we build up as many positive uses in this industry as possible or we will be much easier to take down with draconian laws.

I can;t ever imagine my life without having some kind of flying camera in it now, its literally changed how I interact with the world and I'm not going back because of some goat humpers in the dessert with mental issues and a draconian GVT looking for easy fixes for problems they helped to create.
Shame they didn't hit RTH instead, that would have been poetic.

Apparently in the past the US military have tried using Bats, Pigeons and Dolphins to deliver explosives. Should these be banned as well? Oh and what about cars and lorries, they're favourites?

Reactions: Ikopta

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84