Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Support options

Reaction score
I'm new to this environment, doing lots of reading to try and get up to speed... One common thread is DJI support and apparently lack thereof.

I bought a few hours used, M600 Pro and a X5 camera to start with. Have full communication with the camera, except no transmission of video or picture. Opened a thread on the DJI forum, received a timely response for more info, provided the requested detail, but have no response after a few days.

For you guys that are running your business with their gear, how are you getting timely support for problem resolution? Do you pay someone per incident, monthly retainer, plus per incident or ... ? Does DJI offer something fee-based? Is their email-based support any different than what they provide via their forum? Just can't imagine why that would not be more responsive?

I can't see being in the middle of job, something coming up and having to just wait for an answer that may never come.

Thanks
Charlie

Reactions: Advexure
Hi Charlie, first off welcome to InspirePilots and congrats on your recent acquisition of the M600 Pro.

In regards to your transmission problem, there is a good chance you are running the default transmission settings which will set your transmission output to the LB port and not enable or provide bandwidth to the EXT port which is where your X5 (on the Zenmuse X series mount) will be transmitting. Below I am including two screenshots which I see we have in our archive from assisting something with transmission settings previously.

Original settings – there is a good chance your current settings are shown below
ITX Settings - Original.jpg

Settings you need for image output of the X5
ITX Settings - Correct.JPG

In regards to your other questions, when operating commercially where time is money and down time yields missed opportunities and termination of revenue generating air time, it's vital to have a support structure at your disposal. DJI and other main players in the market make great systems but in the event equipment doesn't perform the way it should, you have an incident and require technician repair services, or you simply have questions or concerns you want to bounce off industry experts. Our enterprise team is a great resource for you and I'd recommend reaching out to set up a call with us so that you can be introduced to our team and we can understand your business and objectives and see where we can support and service your needs.

Best of luck in your venture, and safe flying. :cool:

Thanks for the reply, I'll take you up on the offer and give you a call.

i have figured out my second hand X5 has Osmo FW on it. From my controller..upload_2018-5-23_8-35-23.png

From the Matrice section on DJI FW
upload_2018-5-23_8-39-0.png

DJI email support at least responds vs their forum. I have a question in on how to downgrade the FW or reset the camera.

Thanks
Charlie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadpoetryweb