Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Do I format CINESSD 960GB to EXFAT?

Reaction score
Hello
Do I need to format my 960GB CINESSD to EXFAT when SSD is in the Inspire 2?
I’ve just bought the 960 version and when I press format SSD via the Go4 app it says “reformatting will change to EXFAT” The change part is what scares me. I assume it wants to reformat from FAT32 to EXFAT, is reformatting to EXFAT the correct thing to do.

Hello
I’ve just bought the 960 version and when I press format SSD via the Go4 app it says “reformatting will change to EXFAT” The change part is what scares me. I assume it wants to reformat from FAT32 to EXFAT, is reformatting to EXFAT the correct thing to do.
Yes. Reformat to exFAT.

FAT32 has an upper file size limit of 4GB, which would be eaten up very quickly when shooting at high RAW bitrates. Conversely, exFAT has an upper file size limit of 16 exabyte (hence, the moniker "exFAT"). So while it is certainly possible to simply record successive 4GB files in the compressed environment (h.264 / 265 - a la GoPro Hero cameras and other DJI cameras like the P4P, X3, etc.), it is impractical (maybe impossible?) to create a new file every few seconds in a seamless manner in the RAW environment.

D

Reactions: AtortAerials
Hello
Question for you and how yours looks appearance wise. I ordered two now from B&H and one was totally corroded and the other looks like the image you see attached....kind of discolored not perfect silver. And yes format the way it says to EXFAT no issues.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 9.20.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 9.20.00 AM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 9.19.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 9.19.49 AM.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 7
Yes. Reformat to exFAT.

FAT32 has an upper file size limit of 4GB, which would be eaten up very quickly when shooting at high RAW bitrates. Conversely, exFAT has an upper file size limit of 16 exabyte (hence, the moniker "exFAT"). So while it is certainly possible to simply record successive 4GB files in the compressed environment (h.264 / 265 - a la GoPro Hero cameras and other DJI cameras like the P4P, X3, etc.), it is impractical (maybe impossible?) to create a new file every few seconds in a seamless manner in the RAW environment.

D
Thanks

Hello
Yes mine was like that as well. I just rubbed the spots off and all seems to be working well.
Any way you can send or attach a picture to see so I know? Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop