Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Do you need a license

I'm in NYC. I was told by others that if it's just for recreational use you just need to register with FAA which is a simple online quick thing. If it's for commercial use then you need to go further and get a license and such.

If there are others that know better and I am wrong please correct me.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

A note here.
Register directly with the FAA at sUAS Registration
There are a lot of different website who are not FAA who will gladly charge you $20 to $50 to just copy the information you give them and plug them exactly as you would if you were doing it yourself. These are scumbags s far as I am concerned.
The process with the FAA is straightforward fast and painless for $5 bucks for 3 years. Don't fall for these charlatans.

Reactions: Stuart Covey
Good morning I live in New York City I want to buy a inspire 2 do I need a license to operate this inspire 2

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
I'm in NYC too. You can certainly register an Inspire 2 (or other UAV) either as a hobbyist or commercially (in you have your Part 107). You can't fly legally in NYC in either scenario other than as a hobbyist at an AMA sanctioned field.

I'm in NYC too. You can certainly register an Inspire 2 (or other UAV) either as a hobbyist or commercially (in you have your Part 107). You can't fly legally in NYC in either scenario other than as a hobbyist at an AMA sanctioned field.
I was searching for that law about flying in NYC and I didn't find anything. Could someone provide a link to any official source of that law. Thanks.

drone pilot in NYC www.utcinema.com

I'm the moderator of the NY Quadcopters Group on Facebook, a long time UAV pilot (hobby and commercial) and I live in NY. Your question is one that comes up all the time. The FAA has jurisdiction over the sky but NY has still made it illegal. You are literally subject to arrest if you're caught. It's happened. If you fly in Manhattan you're really pushing it especially since Trump was elected and the NFZ. If you search deep you'll find the language. Believe me, we all want to be able to fly in NYC but you can't. Here's two quick links we posted in our group. You're welcome to join at anytime.

2006 New York Code - :: Avigation In And Over The City.
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/articl...-be-a-huge-nyc-industry-if-only-it-were-legal

Reactions: The Editor
Thanks for sharing!
Can you please post a link to the facebook group? I can't seem to find it.

This just seems too appropriate here :p

WsFFvaz.jpg

Reactions: Ftolino
An Inspire 1 or 2 is not a toy, its a full blown professional drone with long range flight. It weighs enough to do some serious damage to persons or property if it falls out of the sky. If you own one and want to save yourself the $3000 dollars or more it cost you, I suggest taking a flight course, and learn how to use it. Most drone operators with no experience crash as soon as they take off, More than mot Inspire Operators crash as soon as they take off. If you have to come to this blog and ask weather you need a license or registration then you need to take a course and learn how to fly, learn how to use the camera, learn what to do in an emergency, and learn the FAA rules and regulations.

I'm sorry my English is not as good as I wish. Do you mean I CAN fly my Inspire 1 for FUN once registered but I cannot fly for MONEY even if I have Part 107, correct?

I'm sorry my English is not as good as I wish. Do you mean I CAN fly my Inspire 1 for FUN once registered but I cannot fly for MONEY even if I have Part 107, correct?

If you have the Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate, you can fly for money (commercially)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool