Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does a UK CAA/PFAW license cover other countries?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to potentially get qualifications later this year, as my interest in stills is expanding, and I feel like I should start taking it more seriously.

I am potentially going on a trip to Norway later in the year, and wondered if anybody knew whether a certification in one country can be expanded/extended to visiting another country?

thanks, Richard

Hi,

I am looking to potentially get qualifications later this year, as my interest in stills is expanding, and I feel like I should start taking it more seriously.

I am potentially going on a trip to Norway later in the year, and wondered if anybody knew whether a certification in one country can be expanded/extended to visiting another country?

thanks, Richard
Hi Richard, each qualification/permission only applies to one country. You will need to research what is required for the country you are heading to. It may be that any formal qualification may help meet any requirements imposed. On the other hand you may not find any restrictions.

Reactions: The Editor
Hi,

thanks, Richard
The other thing to remember is PFAW is not a licence it is a permission granted by CAA to enable you to operate commercially. You are still bound by the Air Navigation Order (which is law in the UK).
Also bear in mind your insurance would need to be Worldwide or Europewide not just UK to cover you for any commercial operations outside this country - this will push your premium up.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool