Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does anyone have copies of all firmware files?

I know it's been beaten to death, but I'm on 1.4, when did DJI introduce the multiple flight modes / waypoints etc ? I want to stay as far back as I can to keep speed / reliability / etc but still have all the useful features.

Is 1.3 better than 1.4 in any way ? I know 1.5 wasn't good.

I know it's been beaten to death, but I'm on 1.4, when did DJI introduce the multiple flight modes / waypoints etc ? I want to stay as far back as I can to keep speed / reliability / etc but still have all the useful features.

Great question i was searching for that info.

All will be revealed if you read the release notes!!!!
On exactly the same page you go to get your firmware......
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/en/Inspire_1_Release_Notes_en_160408.pdf
To answer your question - Intelligent Flight Modes were added in v1.4.0.10

Reactions: KyleMaxxUav
The current firmware is fantastic, not sure why people are so averse to upgrading.

I'm also one of those 'hang back and wait & see' guys with DJI firmware upgrades. Unusual for me since I'm normally the first kid on my block to upgrade all my Apple stuff when firmware upgrades come out.

So I guess the answer to your question in my case is lack of trust in DJI. The company's customer service reputation is less than stellar (albeit improving) and they've apparently sneaked some 'undocumented features' into their firmware like speed reductions, reduced transmission power, geofencing, et cetera. I suppose if their release notes were more comprehensive and the company more transparent I'd trust DJI more, but every firmware upgrade installation procedure I run on my Inspire feels like a leap of faith.

Just my two cents.

- T6

And to illustrate the level of my hypocrisy, I'm running 1.8 as of yesterday...

I'm still on 1.4 but will upgrade anyday soon, can I go to the last version in one step or do I need to upgrade in steps? My feeling says it's OK to do it in one step, but can't hurt to ask here ;) ...

Thanks for any reply ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds