Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does anyone recognise this part?

Reaction score
Hey there everyone

First time here and first time posting, so go gentle on me.

For some unknown reason my bird attempted a "fly-away", no response from the stick inputs etc. She started to ascend so the only real answer was to "kill" the motors, swiftly falling out of the sky from about 30ft onto grass.

Main motor boom snapped (now repaired) main lifting arm had all pivot pin connections snapped so I had to replace the lifting arm. The motor-boom syncro-strut (not sure what its called but I am sure you know what I am talking about) that also snapped at the pivot pin but I had all pieces now glued and wrapped with carbon fibre to reinforce the repair.

Any how I am not too sure it you are aware of what a ball-ache replacing and repairing these parts are as they are buried deep in the centre of the chassis. I have almost got everything back in place and I have managed to do a basic system check and all is good so far.

BUT I have this part that I can't remember where it goes. I presumed that it was to go on the connection between the motor-boom and the main raising arm but I can't remember it coming off from there and I can't see it fitting too well there. Even though the angles match.

Here is a pic of it, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction so I can bet this bird back up in the air.

BTW, I decided to do the repair myself as the crash fault cant be proved. Would the flight log shed any light on it? I would have thought that DJI or service centre would just say "user error" and charge me a small fortune to repair it.

Many thanks in advance

Deanerubber boot.JPG

For some unknown reason my bird attempted a "fly-away", no response from the stick inputs etc. She started to ascend so the only real answer was to "kill" the motors, swiftly falling out of the sky from about 30ft onto grass.
How did you "Kill The Motors" if you had no response from stick inputs?

Reactions: inspire909
Exactly, how?

If you had wifi interference it might have happened this way. With interference some of the functions do work, some don't, and some might even be reversed. I had this when I had to shoot a house for a real estate agent. All my I 1 did was going backwards, no matter the nose direction, no matter what stick input. It just went backwards, towards a big tree. The throttle stick worked however and I could get it a bit lower before it hit the tree and luckily the interference at that lower height was suddenly gone. I tried another run after calibration and checking everything and exactly the same thing happenend as sson as I was 30 feet high. Again I could get her down safely. This only happened once in close to a hundred flights. Never occurred again.

I'm sure the CSC would have worked by the way. I'm just lucky I didn't have to use it.

Hey there everyone

First time here and first time posting, so go gentle on me.

Main motor boom snapped (now repaired) main lifting arm had all pivot pin connections snapped so I had to replace the lifting arm. The motor-boom syncro-strut (not sure what its called but I am sure you know what I am talking about) that also snapped at the pivot pin but I had all pieces now glued and wrapped with carbon fibre to reinforce the repair.

Any how I am not too sure it you are aware of what a ball-ache replacing and repairing these parts are as they are buried deep in the centre of the chassis. I have almost got everything back in place and I have managed to do a basic system check and all is good so far.

BUT I have this part that I can't remember where it goes. I presumed that it was to go on the connection between the motor-boom and the main raising arm but I can't remember it coming off from there and I can't see it fitting too well there. Even though the angles match.

Here is a pic of it, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction so I can bet this bird back up in the air.

BTW, I decided to do the repair myself as the crash fault cant be proved. Would the flight log shed any light on it? I would have thought that DJI or service centre would just say "user error" and charge me a small fortune to repair it.

Many thanks in advance

DeaneView attachment 3868
At a guess, I would say it was intended to act as a cable grommet inside the boom junction to prevent the cables from chaffing on the sharp carbon fibre tube.
That is only my best guess though..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop