Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does the RC has a fan inside???

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have an RC type C for Inspire 1 Pro and sometimes inside sounds like there is a cooling fan...As I move the RC the sound/pitch changes like on a small fan. Any idea what makes the sound? Also is not there all the time, looks like is there to cool off the amp?

I have an RC type C for Inspire 1 Pro and sometimes inside sounds like there is a cooling fan...As I move the RC the sound/pitch changes like on a small fan. Any idea what makes the sound? Also is not there all the time, looks like is there to cool off the amp?
Yes - there is a thermostatically controlled fan internally.

Reactions: Mazz
I don't have a P3 remote to test so can't answer that one I'm afraid. Maybe the addition of HDMI out warms things up too much so one is needed in the Inspire RC only.

Yes the P3 and P4 Gl00 series does as well

Virtually identical internals apart from no 5.8 module and GPS module

Same PCB though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All inspire controllers have a GPS module for the TX home point feature, it just don't work very well, too small and is shielded by the tablet

Learning something new...Does the P3P RC also have a GPS inside?
I have a P3P and Inspire 1 Pro (that will not fly for a long time) and since my P3P RC was falling apart, I have paired the RC from Inspire to the P3P last night, downloaded the generic, checked HDMI, and the noise started (fan) that never heard in the P3P RC.
If the I1 RC has a GPS built inside, can it be used to "follow me" without the need of the GPS in the iPad Mini 2/W-Fi or external GPS module?

Learning something new...Does the P3P RC also have a GPS inside?
I have a P3P and Inspire 1 Pro (that will not fly for a long time) and since my P3P RC was falling apart, I have paired the RC from Inspire to the P3P last night, downloaded the generic, checked HDMI, and the noise started (fan) that never heard in the P3P RC.
If the I1 RC has a GPS built inside, can it be used to "follow me" without the need of the GPS in the iPad Mini 2/W-Fi or external GPS module?
No - the P3 remote does not have a GPS receiver inside (nor does it have a 5.8ghz unit since two person operation is not an option on the P3 so communication between two remotes is not necessary)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieTret