Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does this exist?

Reaction score
At the risk of member censure I admit that occasionally my drone is out of my direct view. Also, at times I'd like to be in some uninhabited area and tinker with settings, etc. while in the comforts of my small motorhome. Is there any plugs into any of the ports on either controller for I1 or I2 where I can have a set of external 'rabbit ears or some sort of omnidirectional antenna (eg. whip) ' let's say on the roof of the motorhome without the requirement to be 'outside'? Also, a 'repeater' of some sort. Anything that gives me the ability to not be standing/sitting outside for the whole world to see me with a drone controller in my hands, looking skyward, when much of the time I'm flying FPV?

Please don't recommend those silly slip-on quasi parabolic dish doo-dads that likely many, including me, have tried; pure junk LOL

At the risk of member censure I admit that occasionally my drone is out of my direct view. Also, at times I'd like to be in some uninhabited area and tinker with settings, etc. while in the comforts of my small motorhome. Is there any plugs into any of the ports on either controller for I1 or I2 where I can have a set of external 'rabbit ears or some sort of omnidirectional antenna (eg. whip) ' let's say on the roof of the motorhome without the requirement to be 'outside'? Also, a 'repeater' of some sort. Anything that gives me the ability to not be standing/sitting outside for the whole world to see me with a drone controller in my hands, looking skyward, when much of the time I'm flying FPV?

Please don't recommend those silly slip-on quasi parabolic dish doo-dads that likely many, including me, have tried; pure junk LOL
Border line Illegal if not a scam
Things to come I guess

Thanks, going to investigate; not sure where ti will go, but looks interesting. Thanks . . .

'At the risk of member censure'

Hopefully you're talking about VERY remote areas (like WELL outside the flying range of the drone) away from people! If so, there should be no issues.

BUT, if you plan on doing that within range of people, I would hope that would get you arrested. If not by the police. then by Homeland security. You DO see the issue with that, right?

Reactions: licensed pilot
I would hope that would get you arrested. If not by the police. then by Homeland security. You DO see the issue with that, right? I'm not sure what you are reading into my request other than I'd like to add an external antenna to the controller; I can see the bird thru very large windshield and have no nefarious plans, but thanks for your useless reply. Was supposed to be tasteless reply.

You don't say if you are in the US???? In the US, you are bound by FAA regulations. The FAA regs state that you must fly (1) below 400 feet in an uncontrolled (class G) airspace, (2) your drone must be within your line of site or within the visual line of sight of a visual observer who is co-located with you and in direct communication with you. Recreational Flyers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations

These regs are for both licensed (Part 107) and recreational/hobby flyers. So, unfortunately, you must keep your aircraft within your visual at all times (not FPV). Sorry.....

Reactions: licensed pilot
I'm going to make believe I didn't read some of the stuff you wrote, but there is a remote antena solution supplied by Titan Antenna, which allows you to stay in your car and through extension cables reach. somewhat remote amplified antenna. www.commandcase.com. I do not see it on their website, but you might want to reach out to them.

I'm going to make believe I didn't read some of the stuff you wrote, but there is a remote antena solution supplied by Titan Antenna, which allows you to stay in your car and through extension cables reach. somewhat remote amplified antenna. www.commandcase.com. I do not see it on their website, but you might want to reach out to them.
OMG is this the drone police headquarters. So far I've never had my drone out of sight, I fly in basically uninhabited areas, I'm wary of drone pilots and privacy, and I stay TF out of people's business and all I wanted to do was sit in an air-conditioned motorhome, occasionally, and tinker watching from my large windshield. Perhaps even in the middle of the desert . . . I'm not sure what was implied in what I wrote but mea maxima culpa.

The post should have read . . . is there any entenna extension that works with the Inspire 1 and 2 controllers. End of story, but thanks all.

Different strokes for different folks. I’m old
school trying to stay ahead of the curve.

Keep me updated @jpalamaro
Different strokes for different folks. I’m old
school trying to stay ahead of the curve.

Keep me updated @jpalamaro
Old school indeed, not sure where I fit. But, at 78, still hang in there LOL. BTW, 'My Way' a favorite, in fact I thought ole blue eyes had a lock on the song, but try Elvis Presley's rendition, his ending is magnificent!

Reactions: slim.slamma
Helps indeed; I have a similar one that addresses the consoles for my P4's, I1's, and I2's that will do the engineering. I've watched the videos on 'breaking' into the consoles and while not highly technical look like a 'slip' of any sort could wreak mayhem.
Thanks so much for the non-judgmental reply.

Reactions: Photo Elevate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian