Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does this look like a bad SD card issue?

rmb

Reaction score
Website
overexposures.net
Suddenly out of nowhere everything on the SSD card looks great, but everything on the SD card looks smeared. To make it even stranger it seems more pronounced on the right side of the image. Screen-Cap.jpg

If you can shoot the same image and save in different formats (file types, varying compression settings), compare the images. The images don't need to be identical, but keeping the shutter speed, ISO and aperture consistent will help. Without knowing the camera or lens involved, I'd say it's more like a lens element shifted out of alignment. I think you need to do more testing before you can diagnose the cause.

If you can shoot the same image and save in different formats (file types, varying compression settings), compare the images. The images don't need to be identical, but keeping the shutter speed, ISO and aperture consistent will help. Without knowing the camera or lens involved, I'd say it's more like a lens element shifted out of alignment. I think you need to do more testing before you can diagnose the cause.
Hey, thanks for the reply. So I am shooting an x5s with an Olympus 17mm. And because I have the dng and QuickTime license I am shooting either dng or 422 simultaneously and it looks great. So I think that squarely rules out a lens issue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop