Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Downloaded Google Earth map

Reaction score
Website
www.pageforestry.co.uk
Hi,

I work in areas where there is often no mobile phone signal.

So I've tried pre downloading the google map onto my iPad 4 mini. However it seems that when I'm on site the DJI Go app doesn't recognise that the map is already saved, and asks to download again (which it can't as I'm out of signal). Also, I'm not completely certain that when I download a google map in satellite format that the aerial image is downloaded as well.

Is there something I'm missing out on?

Any help gratefully received!

Cheers

Mark

Hi,

I work in areas where there is often no mobile phone signal.

So I've tried pre downloading the google map onto my iPad 4 mini. However it seems that when I'm on site the DJI Go app doesn't recognise that the map is already saved, and asks to download again (which it can't as I'm out of signal). Also, I'm not completely certain that when I download a google map in satellite format that the aerial image is downloaded as well.

Is there something I'm missing out on?

Any help gratefully received!

Cheers

Mark
Hi Mark, you need to go to General Settings and turn on map caching. Once this is done go to your operating area and scroll through the map tiles at 3 levels of zoom until the image is clear. This will save it for use on site. The cache side is limited so check your cached maps before each trip..

Reactions: The Editor
Hi Mark, you need to go to General Settings and turn on map caching. Once this is done go to your operating area and scroll through the map tiles at 3 levels of zoom until the image is clear. This will save it for use on site. The cache side is limited so check your cached maps before each trip..
Haha you beat me on the reply!

Reactions: Scotflieger
Actually, you can do it at home with an Internet connection. Once you zoom in to the spots you'll be flying, let it populate. On location, when you open the app, the map will be there

Just to clarify, you don't use google maps. Open the DJI app, with an Internet connection. You should see your location displayed. Make it full screen and move the map to the area you'll be flying. Zoom in and let the map populate (until the image becomes clear). The map is now saved. When you open the app on location, with no connection, the map will be there.

Al

Last edited:
Just to clarify, you don't use google maps. Open the DJI app, with an Internet connection. You should see your location displayed. Make it full screen and move the map to the area you'll be flying. Zoom in and let the map populate (until the image becomes clear). The map is now saved. When you open the app on location, with no connection, the map will be there.

Al

Ha! This was the tip I needed! Out ask worked perfectly one I did this.

Thanks. Alistair

Reactions: Scotflieger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah