Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drifting in the wind

Reaction score
has anyone else noticed that the I1 drifts with the wind direction ?

Mine only does it when giving a stick command, position hold is fine, but in 10ms of lateral wind it flies in a 45 degree angle rather than straight ahead...

if i only give a small stick command the drift is the same as with a big command.

mod values were checked before takeoff and ok.

Reactions: Rafa
has anyone else noticed that the I1 drifts with the wind direction ?

Mine only does it when giving a stick command, position hold is fine, but in 10ms of lateral wind it flies in a 45 degree angle rather than straight ahead...

if i only give a small stick command the drift is the same as with a big command.

mod values were checked before takeoff and ok.
Where are you located in the world?
Do you have extreme magnetic declination values?
Does the anomoly improve the longer you fly? (The algorithms usually will attempt to correct for declination off-set over time).
Not that you should/need to compass calibrate every time but when was the last time you did the compass dance?

sorry for the late reply guys, I have been uber busy.....

There is no noticeable roll or tilt on the craft, I would have tried the IMU cal if that were the case.
MAYBE I could use an RC calibration as I dont remember doing that after the last firmware update.

I live in the middle east. I have noticed this problem in varying degrees ever since I got the craft, I had just never put it up in massive wind before.

The drift is always in the direction of the wind, regardless of craft heading.

I may try a full calibration and see what happens, although im flying it tommorow, so I hope there is less wind as I dont really have time to calibrate it and check its working before the flight, so better the devil you know.

The compass dance was done last time I did the firmware. Which was a couple of releases ago

This always happens to mine, in fact I've yet to see my inspire1 flight straight wind or no wind, tried every calibration available and no luck. Even when using waypoints my craft never flights straight to the next waypoint, at best it'll correct itself when approaching the waypoint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same problem
Almost impossible to fly in a straight line. No way with even light wind guts. May be it holds postition, but as soon as I move the sticks, it can move erratically, having to correct curse
Tried IMU cal and raised brakes to 115. The same
Latest firmware

Same problem
Almost impossible to fly in a straight line. No way with even light wind guts. May be it holds postition, but as soon as I move the sticks, it can move erratically, having to correct curse
Tried IMU cal and raised brakes to 115. The same
Latest firmware

Compass calibration in an outdoor area with no metal or ferrous rock.

Negative, I have years of experience with magnetometers, mine was well calibrated in an area with no issues, no watches no cellphones in pockets during cal.

Negative, I have years of experience with magnetometers, mine was well calibrated in an area with no issues, no watches no cellphones in pockets during cal.

M00se, can you post a screen shot of all your gains, sensor values and specify what FW you are on? X3 or X5? Pro or V1 or V2?

I agree that the Inspire gets pushed in the wind. More than it used to. Even with braking at default. It feels like it is by design, maybe a compromise in the FC to achieve some more stability in other areas.

M00se, can you post a screen shot of all your gains, sensor values and specify what FW you are on? X3 or X5? Pro or V1 or V2?
I have now left the company who owns that Inspire, as and when my new company finds a need for an Inspire then I will simply buy a new one and make the jump to an X5 while im at it.

the gains were completely standard though, I had played with braking once, other than that I touched nothing.

Im having same issue trying to figure out why I can't get this thing to fly a straight line. It just kind of drifts. I can put my phantom up and it flys perfectly straight. Id be very curious if anyone can solve this problem, or if its just a firmware update needed.

If you read back through this thread it seems to be firmware related.
That of course doesnt mean that yours isnt something else. If in doubt, fly in atti in a warehouse with no moving air, a drift of 1 - 1.5ms is acceptable, anything more may suggest a problem. If you have a problem, yaw the craft 180 degrees, if it still moves in the same direction relative to the room then its airflow, if it still moves in the same direction realtive to the craft then its a problem with the craft.

So I went all the way up to 130 in all gains.
Could not test it well in FW 1.4: I had to update FW in a battery so I downloaded 1.5. Then DJI GO said I must update my FW, so went to 1.6
Adjusted all gains to 130. Performs way better than before. There is still some altitude change, but I thinks it´s because of air pressure fluctuation and barometric sensing as someone said. In this regard, the Phantom 2 has small changes in altitude in gusts too
Still the first tests, but it seems there´s a clear improvement with gains

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan