Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone setup for BMMCC

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking for a relatively inexpensive drone setup for my Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera. This is my first experience with drones.

I am looking for a complete setup that is decent enough in the 500-2000 dollar range that will hold the Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera. Even chinese stuff is okay. Setup with Gimball is preferred.

Any leads?

Thank you

Hi Bob.

Thank you!

I found a S800 for a pretty decent price.

It comes with the DJI Zenmuse GH4-gimbal. It doesn't seem that a Gimbal exist for the Micro camera only for the pocket.

Would this setup work? I could try to mount it to the GH4 gimbal somehow?

I uploaded a picture that shows the one I am looking at.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 3.29.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 3.29.16 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
My understanding is that the Zenmuse gimbals are designed for specific cameras and you can't really adjust them so my best guess is that it won't work. That's why they had a different gimbal for different cameras. A very expensive proposition if you want to fly multiple cameras (and only the ones around which they're designed). I think this is going to be a challenge for you given your budget because you need an adjustable gimbal that's designed specifically for drone work. Put something like a Ronin-M on a drone, which isn't, and you're going to have a bad experience. But it's great for ground work which is what it's designed for.

Thanks Skybandit.

I am a shooter and trying to get into drones. I am looking for a drone setup that can carry the Blackmagic Micro camera but also heavier cameras. There should be no wobbling and it needs to be super smooth. Most importantly, there needs to be a good wireless video feed that doesn't cut in and out.

What setup would you recommend?

I've been eying a Align M690L drone with a G3-GH gimbal. It's reasonable priced. However I've been reading complaints about it, saying that it was shaky. I've also seen shaky footage on youtube.

Hard to make a specific suggestion - so many paths you can go down. If you really want to fly the Blackmagic then you'll likely need to put it on a Movi M5 or a custom gimbal designed for drones which will definitely put you over the $2000 mark. You also have to factor in all the support gear like batteries, charger(s), video monitor, tripod for the monitor, etc. I would stay away from the Align especially if you've heard complaints about shakiness and witnessed it. I almost got sucked in to getting one but heard too many horror stories and pulled out at the last minute. If you're game to fly the GH4, the Zenmuse gimbals are excellent and you can likely get them for a discounted price since they're pretty old by now. Or save yourself the hassle and get an Inspire 1 with the X3 at the very least (not a great camera but usable) and an X5R at the very best.

Hello

I am looking for a relatively inexpensive drone setup for my Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera. This is my first experience with drones.

I am looking for a complete setup that is decent enough in the 500-2000 dollar range that will hold the Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera. Even chinese stuff is okay. Setup with Gimball is preferred.

Any leads?

Thank you
You've missed one zero in price range, right?

Hello

Any leads?

Thank you

Flying a camera “with no shake” requires a gimbal with encoders in the axes so 5e gimbal controller has direct feedback of the axis position and does not have to rely completely on accelerometers and/or gyros. These are generally pretty expensive, new ones starting out at about $1200. DJI makes (or made?) a Zenmuse Z-15 gimbal specifically for that bm camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla