Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drones flying around a London airport disrupt travel

Reaction score
In the news today, various drones seen flying in the immediate area of a London airport, forced grounding flights, not once but twice, as after given the all clear and re opening the airport, drones again were spotted. Flights grounded for hours.
What are these people thinking? Terrorism not suspected yet, but ....... this is not good for us!

Still grounded 24 hours later.

Presumably they are not using DJI kit, which I believe can be remote controlled & brought down by DJI anti-terrorism technology...

Yet not a single person or media outlet has posted a single picture or video of a drone at Gatwick...

Despite the permitter of Gatwick being lined with the press and media all pointing their seriously expensive camera equipment at the skies hoping to catch a glimpse of said drone for the last 24hrs...

I wonder what's really going on?
There are a number of photos, day and night

I’ve not seen any footage of the suspect drone and have watched several different news reports today ... ‘there have been dozens of sightings over the day’ ... but no one thought to take a camera? !!!

Wow, they have produced a shaky image of a black dot in the sky, my phone camera could do better than that.

Last edited:
Reportedly, Drone was captured using an Israel manufactured drone hunter. no word on whether the "pilot" was

Idiots! Anyway according to the local newspaper the idiots were caught not by any sophisticated detection devise, which did locate the drones, but the perpetrators were spotted by a delivery guy as they were loading the drones and started their escape on a bicycle (actually I shouldn't say they as the news only writes about one man)

Police have arrested the wrong people in order to take the heat off them.
Paul and Elaine Gait are innocent.
Lazy plods drew a 6 mile radius around Gatwick and correlated Facebook reviews of drones.
Paul unfortunately was picked on just because he met the above two criteria.

Meanwhile the real perpetrators have got away with causing massive disruption.
This is really bad in light of upcomming legislation. Politicians are now calling for stricter rules around drones and model aircraft. So, making an illegal airport incursion more illegal is not going to stop people doing the same again.

Reactions: slim.slamma
You cannot make this up. The Sussex police are now claiming that was no drone, it is just in your imagination.
F***king useless, oxygen stealing tossers..

hmmm, think it's time we start demanding 4k or 8k 360 degree video recorders in the cockpit to prove all these close encounters, near misses and drone sightings by pilots....

Whole thing stinks, surprised we haven't had villagers out with flaming brands and pitch-forks looking for someone to lynch... oh sorry, the newspapers do a passable impression these days instead!

Britain used to be a sensible place, not so sure any longer :(

Yup - now confirmed. No actual drone was seen (like Gatwick fiasco), but there was a ‘report’ of a drone. So, of course, all of London shuts down, the army is called out, government has COBRA meeting, we move to DEFCON 1.
Nuclear missiles are at the ready, panic at the supermarkets, medicines get stock piled and the Prime Minister brings the cat in!

Let’s just blame a drone anyway, seems to be the order of the day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido