Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dropped Battery

Reaction score
I have two batteries which suffered a fall. One fell out of my hand when taking the drone out of the back of my car. It hit pavements but there are no breaks or dings on the plastic casing. There is no swelling and the battery is still showing a full charge. The foil covering is a little crippled on one side.

Should I use this battery or toss it?

I would proceed cautiously. Take a flight, not too high/far and monitor the battery stats. If nothing else, mark it and use it for firmware upgrades, bench testing etc, unless you can afford to "toss" $200 batteries.

Reactions: JayGrisz
I wish I was in a position where I could toss a 200 dollar battery without wincing. I'll follow your suggestion and use it in a very reserved fashion. It would kill me too much to throw it away.

I have two batteries which suffered a fall. One fell out of my hand when taking the drone out of the back of my car. It hit pavements but there are no breaks or dings on the plastic casing. There is no swelling and the battery is still showing a full charge. The foil covering is a little crippled on one side.

Should I use this battery or toss it?
Insert it into the aircraft and check the battery status and voltages across all the cells. If all looks fine try as @Robot1 suggests. When you next charge it I suggest you take the precaution (in case a cell was damaged) to do it in an area outside away from anything flammable. If everything is alright just monitor as normal.

Don't throw it away. Use it with the extra wire to power your rc, or buy a $20 USB converter to charge accessories like your phone.. Here's one for $40, but I've seen them for less

SmartPowerCharge.com Site Product Detail Page

But, if it's not leaking, ie glue like smell, you're probably safe to fly with it.

Last edited:
Invest in a Li-Po bag to be safe - in fact all Li-Po batteries should be stored / charged / transported in these. People forget that these are tiny bombs!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido