Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DSLRpro.com FPV, has anyone tried it?

Reaction score
I think one of the few short comings on the Inspire 1, if you have the dual remote set up, is the lack of a pilot camera. I found DSLRpro has a DIY FPV camera kit. Has anyone tried it or anyone have any thoughts about it?

Last edited:
Adding an FPV camera would be stupid easy... Except I don't know how you would tie it into the power system! I am not familiar enough for that to even been to understand how they tie it into the battery...

But a simple Lumenier Camera is 60 bucks and a 5.8Ghz transmitter is another 60 bucks... Just have to tie it into the power system and bam! You are transmitting in 700TVL just like any other race quad!

Would be nice if DJI did it on light bridge!

This kit comes complete with new nose cone, camera, etc. Here's the video.

There are also directions on their web site about how to do the conversion. Looks interesting.

I bought it and installed it myself. The sleek integration into the nose cone was one selling point for me, although it's just 3D printed parts. Not the same material as the stock body. Also the fact that it utilizes the existing power system is key. I didn't want to worry about buying/flying extra LiPo's just for the FPV system. The entire wiring harness is custom made and sized to plug n play with the components in the kit (soldering still required to the PDB and GPS puck). The transmitter has a custom made case that secures it to the 4 screws on the tail of the bird (replaces the nameplate). And it's the only vendor I could find to offer an Inspire OSD that taps into the bird's GPS data. For me, it matches the workflow of my 1300mm octo, so it's worth the investment. And it still fits into the factory foam footprint for cases.

Downsides are:
-can't tilt the camera
-doesn't display altitude, pitch/roll, or vertical speed

If you already have a receiver/monitor solution for 5.8ghz, I could see how the full kit would be a waste. I needed the Black Pearl diversity receiver monitor since my big bird uses 1.2ghz

All in all, I'm thrilled with it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440872868.908104.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I bought it and installed it myself. The sleek integration into the nose cone was one selling point for me, although it's just 3D printed parts. Not the same material as the stock body. Also the fact that it utilizes the existing power system is key. I didn't want to worry about buying/flying extra LiPo's just for the FPV system. The entire wiring harness is custom made and sized to plug n play with the components in the kit (soldering still required to the PDB and GPS puck). The transmitter has a custom made case that secures it to the 4 screws on the tail of the bird (replaces the nameplate). And it's the only vendor I could find to offer an Inspire OSD that taps into the bird's GPS data. For me, it matches the workflow of my 1300mm octo, so it's worth the investment. And it still fits into the factory foam footprint for cases.

Downsides are:
-can't tilt the camera
-doesn't display altitude, pitch/roll, or vertical speed

If you already have a receiver/monitor solution for 5.8ghz, I could see how the full kit would be a waste. I needed the Black Pearl diversity receiver monitor since my big bird uses 1.2ghz

All in all, I'm thrilled with it!

View attachment 3419

SteadiMike,
Is the $750 (reported above) just for the kit or does that include DSLRPros installation / labor charges?

Reactions: jlcichocki
$750 is the price for the kit. It's actually over $800 with tax and shipping. I know you can buy a new Inspire with the kit already installed. I didn't investigate the cost of sending mine in for them to upgrade because I'm a DIY kinda guy and the thought never crossed my mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin