Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dumb question? Which ones are the HDR files on Inspire1?

Reaction score
Hi all, been flying my I1 for nearly a year now, mostly shooting video. Have recently dipped my toe into HDR images and after shooting various shots in AEB and HDR along with single shots, I cannot seem to work out which ones are which? Have done a cmd + I (on mac), no real way of telling.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Just in case I wasnt clear in the above message. The files on the SD card do not show which ones are HDR. When youve taken over a hundred photos or more, this can be a bit tricky to work out. Am I right in thinking you just need to make a note of the image number when you take them? Or is there an easier way.....thanks.

Just in case I wasnt clear in the above message. The files on the SD card do not show which ones are HDR. When youve taken over a hundred photos or more, this can be a bit tricky to work out. Am I right in thinking you just need to make a note of the image number when you take them? Or is there an easier way.....thanks.
Not sure for Apple but when I open my photo's in Adobe CC it shows what kind of picture it is.

Reactions: ViewpointUAV
Do you mean the ones where the camera performed the HDR for you or do you mean when it shot a bracket that you can combine into HDR later?

Typically an HDR picture will be a different file extension such as *.tif since there is no such thing as a RAW HDR file. An HDR is a file that has combined multiple RAW images (sometimes JPG but usually RAW) into a single file, so the combined image is no longer DNG or CR2, its either tif (lossless) or jpg (compressed).

I don't know about a Mac, but on a Windows device if you show file extensions you can easily pick out different file types both by file extension and by the color of the file.

Of course I am assuming you shoot in RAW, if you shoot in jpg and the camera saves HDR pictures in jpg (not tif) then that could get pretty complicated.

I have never tried the HDR feature in the app so I don't have first hand experience. Personally I am not a fan of HDR shot from the air because there is too great of a chance that something is moving on the ground such as cars, trees etc, which will lead to ghosting. What I do is make sure the image is properly exposed, shoot in RAW, then use HDR software to create 3 exposures from the initial image then combine those into an HDR or tone mapped image.

Reactions: ViewpointUAV
Brilliant thank you! I shot in RAW and JPEG, I think what happened is that they were converted to JPEG. I was looking for the RAW files. Thanks for the help :)

Brilliant thank you! I shot in RAW and JPEG, I think what happened is that they were converted to JPEG. I was looking for the RAW files. Thanks for the help :)
should be a setting to take jpg, raw, or both at the same time, if you prefer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido