Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dust & Dirt in Housing

Reaction score
I shot a race at a dirt track with my I2 using the X5s camera. Since then I keep getting dust on my sensor every time I manuever hard during flight. I clean the sensor but it's only a temporary fix as new dust appears after a few flights.

Has anyone else had any experience with this kind of problem? My camera is out of warranty and I'm wondering if anyone out there has tried some method to flush dust out of the case? I just got off the phone with DJI and they said I could try isopropyl alcohol... I hate to be the guinea pig on that. Has anyone else tried that?

I shot a race at a dirt track with my I2 using the X5s camera. Since then I keep getting dust on my sensor every time I manuever hard during flight. I clean the sensor but it's only a temporary fix as new dust appears after a few flights.

Has anyone else had any experience with this kind of problem? My camera is out of warranty and I'm wondering if anyone out there has tried some method to flush dust out of the case? I just got off the phone with DJI and they said I could try isopropyl alcohol... I hate to be the guinea pig on that. Has anyone else tried that?

Blow it out with a lens blower?

That’s what I do.

Try tapping it to loosen the dust and get it to drop onto the sensor, then use something like a Giottos rocket blower to gently blow it out (hold the camera with the sensor pointing downwards so debris falls out).

Or you can buy something like the arctic butterfly if you've bigger, more stubborn, dust bunnies on the sensor. I've used the butterfly for years on all my gear (DSLR and aerial) and it's rarely let me down.

Whatever you do, Don't use a can of compressed air to clean with... it's more likely to blast the dust inside the camera, or spray propellant onto the sensor - the propellant evaporates off and leaves tide-marks and streaks behind which can be hard to clean off :(. That's also a downside with using anything like IPA... you're more likely to leave streaks behind on the sensor!

Also, to help with prevention in the future, there is a rubber band that comes with the X5S that is designed to protect the joint between the camera body and lens.

Reactions: DECinHSV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth