Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

EJH Prop Balancer

Reaction score
I just wanted to note that my Quick Release Prop Balancer for the 1345S Props
is not designed for the 1345T props, It will not work correctly with the new quick release system. For this reason, I have designed and just released a prop balancer just for the new 1345T props and hubs.
Thanks EJ

Hello EJ, sorry no one has reponded to you yet. I will get a message out imidiately.

I personally haven't had one yet that didn't need some balancing. Some less than others but not a single one I was happy with out of the box
Oems? I've had a couple different sets and one cf aftermarket set with no issues but it was a $30 set, not the $10 aftermarket set which I imagine would need some balancing, lol

so is it a good idea to balance your props, even if you are using factory props?
I have 4 different quads and maybe a dozen blades for each one and NOT ONE didn't require some balancing. There are several You Tube videos that will show you how but only a couple show how to balance the blades but to balance the hub as well. Its fun on a rainy or snowy day when you can fly.

so is it a good idea to balance your props, even if you are using factory props?
I've had two different quads and 6 sets of oem props no balancing and no issues so I say not required.

I'd venture to guess if Terry would've used them without balancing he wouldn't have noticed the difference or had any problems. I find it hard to believe he got that many bad ones in a row, he must be very picky, lol

I've had two different quads and 6 sets of oem props no balancing and no issues so I say not required.

I'd venture to guess if Terry would've used them without balancing he wouldn't have noticed the difference or had any problems. I find it hard to believe he got that many bad ones in a row, he must be very picky, lol

Expectations obviously differ from one person to the next. Some are willing to settle for less than others.

I guess, Hell I even used props with small nicks from crashing on my phantom with zero issues. Go ahead and balance props if it makes you feel better but in the long run it will make zero difference unless you're buying cheap props that are way outta balance, if even then, is all I'm saying.

OK - to clear up a few things. For those that come from collective pitch helicopters they will already know the importance of blade balancing (or at least checking blade balance and tracking to keep the integrity of the hub and swash plate and stop vibration in the main shaft).
For any rotary aircraft it is vital that the thing that gives you your lift (blades) have as little vibration as possible.
Vibration is the enemy of any aircraft but especially important with rotary aircraft. Vibration will put undue wear on the motors, bearings, shafts, thrust washers, mounting points and ultimately can transmit through the airframe and cause stress cracks or for AP cause vibration to the camera and mount and manifest itself in footage recorded.
Vibration is also wasted energy and by balancing the blades you are attempting to minimise as much vibration as possible and make the whole propulsion system as efficient as it can be.

There are two types of blade balance:
Dynamic and Static.

Dynamic balance - ensures that both blades COG are at the same point on each blade - since the Inspire blades are monoconstruction we are unable to balance them dynamically. (We hope the manufacturer has got that bit right!)

Static balance - this is where the weight of each blade is matched against the other. This one we can do for the Inspire and what the various blade balances can be used for.

It should be noted that even a very very small static imbalance will be greatly magnified at high rpm and the best analogy would be on your own car.
When you have your wheels balanced you will see that it is only a very small weight of a few grams or ounces that is added to a wheel but if they do not have that perfect match and you drive at 60mph plus you can certainly feel the vibration through the entire driveshaft and steering rack, right through to the steering wheel.
Left unchecked, that would put premature wear on your steering, drive joints and other components. It's easy to detect on your car but we have no direct feedback like a steering wheel on an RC aircraft so we have to make sure they are balanced using the tools we have available.

Balance those props guys or at least check them from new and every so often........

Hope that helps

Understand the concept, however my point is that factory props are unlikely to be far enough outta balance to cause a motor/airframe issue over the life of the craft and any efficiency gain would be so minimal that balancing isn't necessary. But if it makes you feel better by all means do it, and most definitely check them if buying aftermarket props, you might gain half a second of flying time, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop