Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Epson Moverio FPV Glasses for Client Viewing?

Reaction score
My beautiful, generous, tolerant wife who allows me to indulge in my newly found passion for photography and Drones, recently bought moverio glasses for me to use with my Phantom Vision 2. What an awesome experience! Was disappointed when I learned that they cant be used with the Inspire 1's pilot app. Does anyone know if the glasses can be hooked up , not to use so much for FPV flying but just so my clients can put them on to watch whilst I fly? I don't need telemetry I just want them to be able to see the shot. Thanks in advance

Hey TrumperyDust
There was a thread about how to hook up the BT moverios to the inspire but I can't find it..
Although I did a search on you tube and found this..
Its in Japanese I believe ,but maybe you can figure out how he got them to work..

Why thank you Turbo! What is the video title? there seems to be an error when I attempt to play it

My beautiful, generous, tolerant wife who allows me to indulge in my newly found passion for photography and Drones, recently bought moverio glasses for me to use with my Phantom Vision 2. What an awesome experience! Was disappointed when I learned that they cant be used with the Inspire 1's pilot app. Does anyone know if the glasses can be hooked up , not to use so much for FPV flying but just so my clients can put them on to watch whilst I fly? I don't need telemetry I just want them to be able to see the shot. Thanks in advance
There is a work around but it's not worth doing as the video stream becomes extremely laggy.
I recommend buying Headplay. They're only $250 and they pack a lot of punch!
Youtube Headplay.
http://www.headplay.com/

Reactions: turbodronepilot
t the
There is a work around but it's not worth doing as the video stream becomes extremely laggy.
I recommend buying Headplay. They're only $250 and they pack a lot of punch!
Youtube Headplay.
http://www.headplay.com/
Thanks SirNikolas, I'll check them out. It's just a little disappointing since she's already dumped $700 on the Moverios !!! I just emailed Epson @ [email protected] to see what kind of solution they have. I'll post their reply soon as I hear. While I understand any lag created would be detrimental to the pilot, it would be ok to have a little lag since my goal is to let any potential client be involved in my photo/video shoot. They could deal with any trailing video. As long as the workaround is not too $$$$

Last edited:
I'm afraid that some of my clients will feel uncomfortable, in that kind of large glasses.
So I bought myself a pair Cinemizer, which are light and stylish.

Dji inspire 1 to BT 200 moverios..
Let me know if you figure out what kind of converter box or whatever it is?
Maybe one of the guys will remember where to find the info on how to link them to the inspire..

If you have the right equipment there are two ways the glasses can be used -
1- Connecting the BT200AV unit to the RC controller's HDMI out and then sinking the AV unit to the glasses.
2- Use either Reflector or Mirror360 (the latter is available on the Epson store) and cast the image from the tablet / phone that's linked to the RC controller to the glasses. (This can have significant lag)

I have a set of BT200s, and have tried casting the Pilot app both from an android and iOS device, and in both cases it was completely unuseable, not only because of the >1sec lag but more importantly because it was awfully unreliable. Usually takes half a dozen tries to get things to discover each other and connect successfully, and after that it will usually freeze/hang/fail after a couple of minutes at best.

I have a set of BT200s, and have tried casting the Pilot app both from an android and iOS device, and in both cases it was completely unuseable, not only because of the >1sec lag but more importantly because it was awfully unreliable. Usually takes half a dozen tries to get things to discover each other and connect successfully, and after that it will usually freeze/hang/fail after a couple of minutes at best.

I thought it might only be my setup since I was casting from iOS Pilot app to the BT200s and experienced the drop-outs. I agree, the link is laggy & unreliable but since they intend to provide their client's a secondary view its set up shouldn't cause an outage for the pilot. Until Epson upgrades the Android OS on the BT200s this is the best that I know of

I've been reading other posts that they are indeed working on an OS update but these reports go way back to October 2014. I wonder where they're at?
A couple weeks back I reached out to the Epson Product Manager for the BT200s and the issue isn't exactly with Epson but TI the maker of the cpu. Epson to cut corners choose a cpu that had been around since 2011 (for phone / tablet cpus that is a long time). Well TI isn't planning on supporting an OS upgrade for a chip that old so unless Epson can work a deal with TI for the base code of the cpu an OS upgrade may not happen. I know, I was very PO when I heard this...how could Epson release a product in 2014 with no planned OS upgradeability?? Shame on them...looks like the BT300s will have everything and then some over the BT200s but who knows when that will be released and at what $$$?

Pretty sure even if there was an OS update the CPU wouldn't have enough grunt to run the Inspire app anyway, seeing how even one year old high end devices already struggle.

To me the BT100/200 are more of a technology development platform rather than a consumer product, they made them more to see if there was some interest and a viable future in that product range and get potentially interested developers something to start working with, but it will be another few years until there is enough valuable content and suitable applications to know if it's something that will last. Some other big companies in the field have already mostly given up on the concept.

I have a friend who has a VR development company and has made some very interesting professional applications for the BT200, but for more fancy stuff he's also limited by some serious flaws in the hardware, notably the camera.
Regarding the actual display the BT200 are pretty much the best there is out there in the see-through category though.

That's awesome! I wonder how much this extra equipment cost?
Never mind! I just found out. You can pre-order for August delivery in the mind-blowing amount of $1,600.00. LOL. I think I'll take a pass on this one and stick to my headplays. HP's rule anyway! I was hoping around $200 to $400 than I would have given them a go but......****!

Never mind! I just found out. You can pre-order for August delivery in the mind-blowing amount of $1,600.00. LOL. I think I'll take a pass on this one and stick to my headplays. HP's rule anyway! I was hoping around $200 to $400 than I would have given them a go but......****!

I agree...I've been emailing Epson about the lack of compatibility between the BT200 and DJI Pilot. At issue is that Epson cut corners and used an older CPU in the BT200 that isn't upgradeable ( for a product released less than 1 yr ago, this was very shortsighted) so that is why the interface box is needed. Epson did not confirm this directly to me, but there was inference that if the converter box went into production it would have a lower price point since the prototype units are hand made and not produced by an assembly line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters