Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Expert advice on a slightly complex matter pls.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need some expert advice please on a maybe complex issue. I have an Inspire Pro Black, still running on FW 1.4. RC 1.5.7. Very happy with it except 2 issues. Camera has yaw drift and the bird does not fly straight. I updated the camera on a friends Inspire to the latest FW and I still have the yaw drift. I think a later FW fixes that. Anyone knows which FW that is ? So it must be bird related. All calibrations done of course.

I heard FW 1.5 had battery issues where they would shut down in mid-flight. Is that true ? My batteries are all up to date with latest FW.

FW 1.4 has been otherwise rock solid, none the reduced range, speed, etc of the later ones. But I need to address the yaw drift, and the not flying straight matter. Is FW 1.5 safe to update ? FW 1.6 has the reduced power apparently which I want to avoid. Pls let me know.

Alternatively, if I update to the latest FW, is there really reduced range, speed, etc ? Heard, read many complaints about that.

Thanks.

I'm on the latest FW and don't seem to be experiencing any of the aforementioned issues. How much, if any of an effect will a slightly reduced speed and range have if any this turned out to be factual?

craft not flying straight is a compass issue, try recalibrating it, if that doesn't fix the issue then it needs to be replaced

I would postulate that the yaw drift on the camera is compass related also, fix one, the compass, fix both

I have also noticed recently a yaw drift on the gimbal occasionally (Inspire1 pro). I calibrate the compass often. But I have noticed (recently) that the iPad (air 1) asks me to calibrate its compass quite often (roll the ball around the circle). So since this is intermittent for me I'm guessing you have to make sure both the inspire compass and the iPad compass are calibrated.

the craft not flying straight, i.e. curves instead of straight lines or off axis either left or right is purely compass related, the Ipad doesn't have any influence on that. If you're regularly calibrating the compass successfully and the craft not flying straight persists then the compass is defective and needs to be replaced.

One simple test to check the compass influence on the camera would be to fly your on another craft, If that craft flies straight I believe the camera will behave normally

Thanks Ruckusman but I think this was just about gimbal drift not the aircraft. I've no idea if this could by the iPad, but for me the drift is intermittent and I do calibrate the inspire compass frequently (because I'm frequently moving to different locations). I did notice that recently, the iPad has brought up the compass calibration ball and circle. It was just a thought.

I would go for the cold IMU Calibration. Usually clears most issues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont